INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM Driver  (Read 1609 times)

fitzmikle

WDM Driver
« on: November 18, 2018, 07:16:18 am »

When utilizing the WDM Driver, JRiver is selected as  Windows default in computer/ sound driver settings.
I utilize a external dac. (NAD). Under JRiver tools/options/ audio device   the NAD dac usb audio asio driver is selected.
Will the JRiver wdm driver bypass the NAD DAC as the default driver or is the WDM for input sound and the output done
through the external DAC. (Usually Nad DAC driver is selected(checked) in the sound settings of Windows. Confused

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: WDM Driver
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 07:22:59 am »

... or is the WDM for input sound and the output done through the external DAC.
Yes.

emcee2

• Recent member
Re: WDM Driver
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 02:40:21 pm »

Dell workstation ... win 10 Pro 1809 build 17763 ... MC 24.0.72 (64-bit).  Dell audio out = USB to FIIO DAC (max support samplings =)24-bit, 96 Hhz output 3.5 jack to amplified speakers.   JRiver Media Center 24 is set in Win 10 as the default audio device.  WDM driver checked in MC/Tools/Options/General/Features.  (additionally, and related to streaming issues below under Issue #2), I created new zone ("Loopback") with "ZoneSwitch" settings for "Loopback" and "Normal" -- settings triple-checked per https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver.

No issues with normal MC library operations, playback.

Issue # 1 -- no audio from Windows/PC -- Windows sounds, Firefox browser (YouTube, RadioTunes, etc.).  In Win 10 sound set-up, with JRiver MC selected as "Default Device," selecting "test" generates an output (visual confirmation) but no sound is audible.  I had thought (perhaps mistakenly) that installation of the WDM drivers enables all Windows audio outputs (system sounds, application sound, etc.) to route through JR Media Center.  NOTE:  when testing via Win 10 sound set-up or testing specific systems sounds, an IPC message is generated for the "Loopback" Zone with file name "live://ipc?pipe=00000000000003E4&streaming=1"

Issue # 2 -- streaming works with/for Soma FM (where I am selecting a specific stream).  However, for DI and RadioTunes and others -- opened under "Player" (="Normal" zone), regardless of access via left-hand tree under "Streaming" or from main "Streaming" tiles on the MC browser ... browser window opens without issue for (say) RadioTunes, then when I select a channel, I get the Streaming pop-up box (select "Play Stream"), after about 10 seconds, the audio stream starts and then  MC presents an endless loop of the Streaming pop-up box -- reappears continuously whether I select "OK" (starts a new stream after 10-15 seconds) or "Cancel" -- pop-up just keeps popping up.  Unfortunately, that also means that I lose total access to MC controls -- cannot address volume or pause or ... anything.  Stream stops playing on its own after about 2 minutes.  Moreover, the only way to close the MC application is to force it to close using Windows Task Manager.

If this is all simple and stupid, I did spend 90 minutes querying the forum and the MC directions and, generally, Google.  But I just could not figure it out.

Thanks, in advance, for your consideration and response(s)

emcee2
Pages: [1]   Go Up