INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server Question  (Read 473 times)

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
Server Question
« on: November 18, 2018, 04:59:54 pm »

Hi,

I need help as I can't figure out what is wrong with my settings. I have one computer in one room and another hooked up to my hifi system. I have tried to create zones and I can play from both computers, well I can control both computers from each others ( I can see the files playing) but I can't get any sound in no direction.
I use Wav. files but that should to my understanding no problems as you can stream DVD's and Blue-Ray disc's, or am I missing something?
What would be my best option, is to control my hifisystem from my office room with the following settings (but have no clue how to get there):

Both computers running on the same wifi router.
The Office computer has the music library and controls what to listen, creates playlists etc. and stream it to my hifi systems computer whenever I wish to listen more in an "audiophil" way.
Is this possible to do and can I still use "high end Wav files".

Thank you in advance for any input.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Server Question
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 06:19:13 pm »

WAV files should work.

No sound probably means that the audio configuration is wrong.  Try following the Audio Setup topic on the wiki and make sure each machine can play its own tracks before you try using Media Network to play.

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
Re: Server Question
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 06:28:28 am »

Each machine can play their own files with sound, but machine No 1 can just show the track playing from No 2 but no sound and vice versa.
Late last night my HDD was corrupt when trying to load it as a new Library. No problem since I have a backup but painstaking copying. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up