INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mediaserver vs. Libraryserver  (Read 900 times)

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
Mediaserver vs. Libraryserver
« on: November 20, 2018, 11:14:23 am »

I keep struggling with my configurations as I want to have my music on my office computer and play to my "hifi" computer. Both machines can play with sound on their own and I can see files playing in both directions. But I just get sound from the "hifi" machine to my office and not the other way around which I want it to be.

I have tried different audio settings and right now running wasapi.

The "hifi" computer shows up as media server and the office computer shows up as library server. I have no clue what it means. Also I tried to stop playback in these zones but still playing in my office even if I check that box in the zone switch menu.

I maybe should say that one machine is running Windows 10 and the other windows 8.1

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Mediaserver vs. Libraryserver
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 11:18:33 am »

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 02:18:53 pm »

No, I been doing it several times, and even uninstalled and reinstalled JRiver on both machines still it plays both way except no audio transmitted to one of the machines. the sound just goes in one and for me wrong direction. You said in another topic that it must be in the audio config. but I have been all over the setting but still no audio.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 02:25:37 pm »

if you can, put a few files on the office pc and see it you can get those to play
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

swiv3d

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 02:37:47 pm »

Can I ask whether you have your music files on your office pc and have you set up the media server option on your office pc?
Pages: [1]   Go Up