INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change The Case Of Text In File Names ?  (Read 872 times)

yoeleven

• Recent member
Change The Case Of Text In File Names ?
« on: November 25, 2018, 11:59:41 am »

Searched for subject info, without success.  So, here is my first post.  I have an audio file and the tag "name" is all lower case.  I want to convert the first letter of each "name" word to upper case. My other ID3 editors have dedicated icons that I can pick, for this purpose.  I can't find a similar feature in JRiver. Can anyone help?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Change The Case Of Text In File Names ?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 12:16:12 pm »

In MC, that's called Title Case.  Try selecting and right clicking on the name.

swiv3d

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 01:38:26 pm »

What JimH really means is select the relevant audio files, right click and select Clean File properties from the popup menu, in there you can select the fields you want to change and at the bottom in Fix Capitalization you choose Title Case.

yoeleven

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 08:22:34 pm »

In MC, that's called Title Case.  Try selecting and right clicking on the name.
Been watching football and basketball all day.  I will check this out.  Thank you.

yoeleven

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 08:32:50 pm »

What JimH really means is select the relevant audio files, right click and select Clean File properties from the popup menu, in there you can select the fields you want to change and at the bottom in Fix Capitalization you choose Title Case.

Gave Jim's response a look see, without a lot of success, before I scrolled down to your elaboration.  Title Case, as a search term, leaves a lot to be desired.  Thanks for the work flow details.  They work.  Very nice hidden feature.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 11:36:11 pm »

Title Case, as a search term, leaves a lot to be desired.

Put "Title Case" into the Custom Google Search here: https://www.jriver.com/support.html

You will find lots of info on Title Case use in MC.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

yoeleven

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 06:13:50 pm »

Put "Title Case" into the Custom Google Search here: https://www.jriver.com/support.html

You will find lots of info on Title Case use in MC.

I appreciate your help.  I did just now Google "Title Case JRiver".  First search result was a winner.  Go figure.  Yesterday, if it did pop up, I missed it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up