INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Date of composition  (Read 736 times)

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
Date of composition
« on: November 26, 2018, 08:54:34 am »

How do people handle the 'date of composition' this is especially interesting for classical music where three dates are relevant
- release date
- recording date (Date)
- date of composition (Date [composition]custom field?)
How to make a custom filed forced to be found in one of the tag group (e.g. Classical)?
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Date of composition
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 06:16:45 pm »

How to make a custom filed forced to be found in one of the tag group (e.g. Classical)?

Customise the Tag Window to include any fields you want, in any position you want. See his post for hints: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,118271.msg818141.html#msg818141

So modify the Audio template, or probably better yet, add a new "Classical Audio" template, restrict it to be used only for classical audio tracks, add it before the existing Audio template, and configure it the way you want.

Of course, using a new "Classical Audio" template implies that you have a way to differentiate Classical Audio from other Audio tracks. There are lots of forum threads and some Wiki posts regarding that for ideas, if you don't have something set up already.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 11:09:47 am »

Thanks.
How do I create / modify an Audio Template? I cannot find this in the wiki ...
regards
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 04:42:29 pm »

Some brief instructions are in the link I posted. Here:

Look at the Tagging window, at the upper left.  See the star shaped icon?  Click on it and select "customize".  This is how you customize the tagging window.  Notice that at the top it has a "profile" selected.  There is a profile for each media type.  You should customize the one for the type you are editing.  So if it is music, customize the Audio profile.  It should be auto selected if you were looking at the file type you are interested in.

You can add your own fields wherever you want them, remove the ones that are there, etc.  I think you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly.

Brian.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 03:01:00 am »

Kudo! (why there is no kudo buttom in the forum???)
Stereo:
Pages: [1]   Go Up