INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: STRANGE Import Issue?!  (Read 448 times)

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
STRANGE Import Issue?!
« on: November 28, 2018, 09:33:06 am »

Have an album with 16 tracks that originally was a single continuous file but broken up into tracks with Audacity.  All tracks of album play fine on PC running JRMC20 with Win10Home.  However when same album is imported into music server PC running JRMC23 on Win7Pro, I get 256 tracks...16xTrk1, 16xTrk2, yada, yada.  When I delete from MC all but the first of each track number, the first track plays but then all the others are skipped and playback ends.

'Thoughts?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: STRANGE Import Issue?!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 09:50:51 am »

Sounds like your broken up tracks still have a CUE Sheet embedded, which makes MC think every track is still 16 tracks. You should really delete that CUE Sheet tag if you  broke up the files anyway.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Bigguy49

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 10:03:03 am »

Sounds like your broken up tracks still have a CUE Sheet embedded, which makes MC think every track is still 16 tracks. You should really delete that CUE Sheet tag if you  broke up the files anyway.

It does play as expected on one system but not when imported into the other.  No cue sheet in the folder.  Also just noticed that the all the "1s" have differing bitrates and are not the same track!

Guess I will start from scratch!

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 10:06:57 am »

CUE Sheets can be in the files themselves, your splitting may have inadvertently kept them inside each of the files, instead of removing them after the split.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up