INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subtitle settings  (Read 480 times)

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
Subtitle settings
« on: November 28, 2018, 07:00:08 pm »

If I select "Use subtitles" in "Get Movie and TV Info", do i then have to change the name of the .srt file it grabs to the video file name and update the Tag data accordingly, or should it be select and forget?

Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Subtitle settings
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 09:01:09 pm »

After fetching metadata and subtitles, select the movie, then right-click > Locate > On disk (external) and have a look at the srt file name.

If it begins with the movie name of the movie file, but with some suffixes like the language, then all should be good.

Try it and see.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
Re: Subtitle settings
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 09:31:27 pm »

Cheers Roderick.

I have been playing around with subtitles recently and find that some titles just flatly refuse to play no matter what I try.

Sometimes it works when the .srt and movie title are different, sometimes it doesn't when they are the same! Sometimes I can add them manually, sometimes I add them through the MC UI. I hasten to add that this is via DLNA, and I can normally get subtitles to play locally.

Looking on the forum and the wiki there look to be a  few moving parts so from my point of view it is more a best practice question; i.e. if you try this and it doesn't work then don't waste your time, its not gonna.

Thanks

Scobie
Pages: [1]   Go Up