INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panel confusion  (Read 539 times)

tbng

• World Citizen
Panel confusion
« on: November 30, 2018, 03:52:53 pm »

Just got Panel up, but I am confused.

1. I see my library and it works except it plays in my IPad (so does Radio JRiver).
2. Where is streaming?  How, for example, do I initiate Radio Swiss Classic from the IPad?
3. Display on Panel is slow despite having a fast 5G network and the latest IPad with up-to-date software.
4. My initial reaction is that JRemote is better.  For one thing, it shows data I haven't found in Panel.
5. I thought I would be able to operate JRiver from the IPad, but I still have to make setting changes from the desktop and apparently open streaming there as well.

Yes, I'm at v.65.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Panel confusion
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 04:14:29 pm »

You can choose where to play in Settings.  Choose the server if that's what you want.

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Panel confusion
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 04:16:10 pm »

Just got Panel up, but I am confused.

1. I see my library and it works, but where is streaming?  How, for example, do I initiate Radio Swiss Classic from the IPad?

Streams like Radio Swiss Classic are really just opening web pages. You can see the full list of streams if you select the Player zone, but when the stream is just a page like Radio Swiss Classic, it's just going to open the page in Media Center.

2. Radio JRiver plays through the speakers in my IPad, not the music server.  Why?

By default, Panel plays to the browser. You can change where it plays to by click on the gear icon in the upper right.

3. Is Radio JRiver lossless and uncompressed?

Radio JRiver playlists contain FLAC or APE files, so they're lossless. If you're playing to the browser in Panel, FLAC will usually play fine if you disable forced audio conversion. With APE files, it will need to transcode to MP3 or uncompressed wav to play in the browser.

4. Once initiated, Radio JRiver keeps displaying at the bottom of the screen.  Doesn't seem to hurt anything being there, but how do I turn it off without having to get out and back in?

The bottom display is just a preview of what's playing now. If you're playing to browser, to clear it, just refresh the page. If you're playing to another zone, you would need to clear it in Media Center, but you really don't need to clear it. You can still start and stop playback from Panel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up