INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multichannel Audio problem.  (Read 551 times)

Glimmie

• Junior Woodchuck
Multichannel Audio problem.
« on: December 03, 2018, 01:09:59 pm »

When I run BluRay rips, I use a Lynx AES-16 card which gives me 8 digital channels via four AES pairs. For those not familiar with AES, it's just a pro version of SPDIF.

The streams from the Lynx card are not aligned. The bit stream drifts relative to the other three streams. Going directly to a DAC, this is not an issue as DACs are self-clocking. But I am running into a MiniDSP digital crossover and equalizer. It doesn't like thee unlocked streams  relative to each other and breaks into distortion on various channels at random intervals.

The Lynx driver shows it;s using Windows ASIO. Lynx tech support says the that output streams bit  alignment is a function of the application software, in this case JRiver.

Any ideas?

Note when I run AC3 tracks, I don't use the Lynx card. I take the single SPDIF off the motherboard and run  through an external Lexicon MC8 processor. That in turn is modified for digital output and also feeds the MiniDSP farm. This works flawlessly, but then the Lexicon ensures the 4 stereo streams are bit aligned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up