INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crash when browsing library with either JRemote or Panel.  (Read 1749 times)

Pinch

• Recent member
Crash when browsing library with either JRemote or Panel.
« on: December 03, 2018, 05:11:29 pm »

This is the first version of JRiver (24.0.64) that I've installed on a Pi, so I can't say if this is perculiar to this version, but the crash occurs very reliably. There is no such problem when connected to the library from a different machine running JRiver - the crash only occurs when browsing with JRemote or Panel. It seems to be tied to attempts by JRemote/Panel to display album art thumbnails.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Crash when browsing library with either JRemote or Panel.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 05:27:53 pm »

Do you have an external drive connected to it?

Pinch

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 05:34:45 pm »

No external drive - all the files are stored on a network drive.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 07:49:55 am »

You need to pre-generate the thumbnails on the RPi, JRemote appears to request too many at one time for the Pi to handle.

Go into MC options, change the thumbnail building threading priority to low and generate the missing thumbs.

Pinch

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 04:28:40 pm »

Thanks, bob. I've tried to do as you suggest. It's a big library, and there were over 80,000 thumbnails to generate. But after having done about 30,000 of them, which took a few hours, JRiver crashed, and now crashes within seconds of restarting the process. This is with the threading priorities set low. Perhaps it's just too much for the Pi?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 07:40:57 am »

Thanks, bob. I've tried to do as you suggest. It's a big library, and there were over 80,000 thumbnails to generate. But after having done about 30,000 of them, which took a few hours, JRiver crashed, and now crashes within seconds of restarting the process. This is with the threading priorities set low. Perhaps it's just too much for the Pi?
That likely indicates a corrupted track. You might be able to find it with logging turned on. The last file or directory searched before the crash would be the thing to look for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up