INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver on Android -- Development Discussion, Questions, & Answers  (Read 65685 times)

Gio300ZX

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver on Android -- Development Discussion, Questions, & Answers
« Reply #250 on: January 04, 2020, 04:41:36 pm »

My Android phone has now been updated to JRiver for Android 26.0.16 64-bit. It can (while on local network) load local libraries and play them to other renderers on the network. Outstanding work, people, thanks.

I note that:
  • control (pause/play etc) then passes to the renderer - that is, the device I asked the phone to play to (as opposed to JRiver on the Android phone)
  • I can even power-off the phone but the album still plays.
I hope this is the desired behaviour. I would describe it as MC on the phone "tells" the server to send the selected content to the renderer and then has no further involvement. The server and renderer just do their stuff. Happy to learn more / be corrected. :)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #251 on: January 04, 2020, 07:28:23 pm »

• control (pause/play etc) then passes to the renderer - that is, the device I asked the phone to play to (as opposed to JRiver on the Android phone)

I just ran JRiver for Android on my phone (DLNA Controller), connected to the MC Server on my Workstation (DLNA Server), and played a FLAC file to my TV (DLNA Renderer). I retained full control of Play/Pause and Volume from the phone, controlling the TV, even after the phone screen went to sleep. If you lost control of the Renderer either the Controller lost connection to the Renderer, or your Renderer isn't behaving as it should.

My phone is a Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone running Android 9.
My TV is a Sony KD-65X9300D
My Workstation is a Windows 10 PC running version 1903

• I can even power-off the phone but the album still plays.
I hope this is the desired behaviour. I would describe it as MC on the phone "tells" the server to send the selected content to the renderer and then has no further involvement. The server and renderer just do their stuff. Happy to learn more / be corrected. :)

You are correct. As long as the Controller tells the Server to send the full track list, or actually I think it is Renderer that is told to ask for the full list from the Server. I forget which way around it is. AndrewFG has explained it previously.

Although what happens depends on your equipment a bit. I just closed JRiver for Android (both the main window and the notification) while it was playing to the TV as above, and my TV rebooted! I don't think it liked losing its DLNA Controller. But when I got it playing again and shutdown the phone, the TV kept playing just fine, as you noted.

Of course, if you power down the phone it will lose control of the Server/Renderer, so when it powers up again it won't be able to act as a Controller for the current tracks. I tried that and when the Phone connected to the Workstation Library again, playback stopped on the TV. So you just need to be aware of those sorts of issues.

With this release I noticed WOL worked from JRiver for Android to my HTPC MC Server. Nice.

I also noticed that Playing Now in JRiver for Android didn't update which track was playing on the TV in the above scenario. It just kept the first track highlighted. I could select any track in the list and jump to playing that though.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Gio300ZX

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #252 on: January 05, 2020, 11:23:08 am »

@RoderickGI,
Many thanks for your explanations. I'll do some more testing. My renderer is a Humax STB (FVP-5000T) but my TV is a Sony Bravia so I might give that a try when time permits and I'm not disturbing my better 0.5. My phone is a Ulefone X (China generic Android running Android 8.1.0) and my Media Server PC is an Asus VivoPC running Windows Home 1909.

That said, since the Humax will allow me to pause / play using its remote, I'm happy with the current behaviour.

pinoyputi

• Recent member
« Reply #253 on: January 06, 2020, 08:46:26 am »

My status report on JRiver Android as of of today January 6, 2020.
I have JRiver Android installed on two devices;

1st. Samsung S8 running Android 9 with firmware 26.0.16 64bit
I see several libraries. One from my NAS (DLHA) and the JRiver library on my HTPC. When I choose the NAS all my music albums are there and I can play them.
As for the pictures, I only see those from the camera not from the NAS however the pictures are tiny and you can't enlarge them.
Also for video only the camera video's are visible. When I select a video I hear the sound but don't see the video. I am not able to stop the playing video. Only by stopping JRiver altogether.
Most important, my playlists are not present.

When I select the JRiver library on my HTPC (which get its media from my NAS)not only is all my music there but also my playlists and I can play them on my phone. My whole picture collection is present and I can view them but they are still tiny. Not much use. My video collection is visible and playable as it turns out. I can view the movies, home video's and so on and with decent sound. I can pause the video but not stop.

2nd. I was able to install JRiver Android 26.0.16 32bit on my Sony KD65ZF9. Suddenly it was available for download in the Google Play store. I use the Library server from my HTPC (media from NAS). My music is there and I can play it. My playlists are there but I can't play them. Only thing I see when selected is the van Gogh background and the name of the playlist but no songs or sounds.
I see the pictures, thumbnails and even names but viewing them enlarged doesn't work. I only get a grey screen.

Some videos are there, not my movies, but none of them will play. They are all regular mp4 (264) nothing fancy.

I thought Kodi was an alternative for JRiver  but after trying out I removed it from the TV. It is OK for video and pictures but lousy for music.

jfgrasset

« Reply #254 on: January 08, 2020, 05:02:09 am »

Hello,

I understood that the Studio DSP feature is not yet ported over Android. Is there any plan to do this, specially the convolution filter and the equalizer ?

With this feature, it becomes possible to create a high end very cheap audio system:

1. Android device + JRiver App (with convolution filter correcting room/speaker level and phase)
2. Simple Class D amp like FX audio D802 (100US$) - connection via USB or wireless
3. Speakers. Because of the infinite possibility of correction with the convolution filter, these could be one-channel boxes with high end wide band speakers like Visaton B200 (250US$ for both speakers)

NB: this works only if you can measure the acoustics of the room (+30US$ for a measurement mic ECM8000, free software) and get the convolution filter profile.

Thanks,

JF

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #255 on: January 28, 2020, 05:46:17 pm »

Finally getting around to using this app on Pixel 2 XL running Android 10.
Having a few issues I could use help with, or told it isn't possible yet  ;D

MC 26.0.20 Windows running on Windows 10 desktop.  Media server feature running with a login that has write access.  I've used this for years with JRemote android app and MC Windows on other client PCs.  Can connect fine and listen to songs, and change the rating field on songs, so server side setup is confirmed good.

1) ratings stars are only visible in landscape mode in the android app.

2) click on rating star 3.  selected third star outlines in amber for a few seconds, then later stars 1 and 2 fill in white and 3 fills in amber.  I'd assume this is confirmation that the remote library received and completed the command to alter the rating field value.  Looking at the library on the PC, the rating stars don't show up until minutes later.  At least they eventually save the value.

3) If Pixel is connected to wifi on local network, In JRiver app on Android, I can click on gear > load library.  It shows main local library on the Pixel, and also the library server on the windows PC mentioned above.  I can load the library server and play songs to the Pixel's speaker. 
However, if I'm away from my local network, it won't show up and I don't see any way to manually add and connect to it by entering the access key.  Port 52199 is forwarded through my router to the Windows PC and I can definitely connect to it from a remote Windows PC over the internet.

4) Music files and playlists on the Pixel got there by syncing over USB from the main MC library on Windows PC.  Songs are in /storage/emulated/0/music/artist/album/song.mp3 and Playlist files are in /storage/emulated/0/Playlists/list.m3u.   There are 3 m3u files in the playlist folder total.  Google Play Music app can see the 3 playlists and plays them fine.  JRiver android app only sees a 'recently imported' playlist.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #256 on: January 29, 2020, 12:22:20 pm »

I just updated to 26.0.21.  Video playback has worked on each file I have tried so far, so that's a great improvement. 

I do have a few files that aren't playing any audio with the video though.  Video with AC3 or DTS audio isn't playing on my phone.  AAC does.  Is that expected?

BradATIMA

« Reply #257 on: January 29, 2020, 01:08:39 pm »

I just updated to 26.0.21.  Video playback has worked on each file I have tried so far, so that's a great improvement. 

I do have a few files that aren't playing any audio with the video though.  Video with AC3 or DTS audio isn't playing on my phone.  AAC does.  Is that expected?

For now, yes. ExoPlayer uses Android's decoders. Android doesn't have decoders for AC3 or DTS. We will probably enable them later by using FFmpeg extensions.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #258 on: January 29, 2020, 01:27:45 pm »

For now, yes. ExoPlayer uses Android's decoders. Android doesn't have decoders for AC3 or DTS. We will probably enable them later by using FFmpeg extensions.

Got it.  Thanks!  I'll try to remember to test on my Shield this afternoon.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #259 on: January 29, 2020, 09:51:38 pm »

I updated to .21 on my Shield.  After this happened, the app icon was set to the default Android icon, not the MC logo.  Opening the app took a long time, but did eventually open. 

I was able to play back videos with ac3 audio.  A few things I noticed:

• When I first launched a video, the play controls stayed on the screen until I hit the back button.  They should vanish after a few seconds.
  • The rwd/ fwd buttons don't work (I assume this is a yet thing)
  • On the phone, there's a progress bar that I could tap on to move forward.  Will something like this be implemented on Android TV, so I can use the right arrow d-pad control to move on the progress bar?
  • I played a show, and just let the video finish.  I then walked to the kitchen.  After a bit of time, the video just started playing over again. 
  • The video that I played wasn't marked as watched when I looked at my library server.  I'm looking at the Date Last Opened field.
  • If I pause the video, when I start it back, there's no sound for about a second.  I'm pretty sure this has something to do with my stereo because the same thing happens with Netflix - but not the YouTubeTV app.  I'm guessing YTTV keeps the audio alive with no sound.

#2 and #5 did work on the phone, but I would expect Last Played to be set and it wasn't.

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #260 on: January 30, 2020, 01:34:39 pm »

Not having any luck at all playing videos on my Shield  running .21.  I can navigate my collection of TV Shows and Movies, yet when I try to play, nothing happens, I just get a blank screen with the transport buttons.  I can pause and play, but again, just a blank screen.  I haven't tried everything I have, but in general my content is x.265 and x.264 in MKV containers with DD, AAC or DTS audio.  Have rebooted the Shield.  Music plays fine.  Not sure how to proceed....

On my new phone LG G8, I get more or less the same symptoms with .21.  However, I do hear audio on one of my AAC soundtrack movies, but no video and the transport buttons don't do anything.  I can't stop it for example.

P.S.  I don't really care about video with this app, but am happy to test.  But I have a great interest in seeing the audio side of things improve.

Chris

rec head

« Reply #261 on: January 31, 2020, 01:53:43 pm »

Sorry for posting but other work has me burned out on searching and I'm hoping to get a clear answer.

I have MC on my Nvidia Shield and MC server on Windows HTPC. I cannot get the Shield to connect to the HTPC.

I have tried uninstalling MC from the Shield and reinstalling. It is on the latest version

I have upgraded from MC 25 to 26 on the HTPC. That is on the latest version too.

When connecting to the HTPC's library I enter my my user name and password. I get the spinning circle then it goes back to the main MC screen but no library is loaded. As I type this I remember reading about authorization problems or something like that. Is that what I'm experiencing?

I can see the Shield server when I look at the available libraries in the HTPC. I can also connect to the HTPC from other computers.

Thanks

BradATIMA

« Reply #262 on: January 31, 2020, 02:30:48 pm »

Sorry for posting but other work has me burned out on searching and I'm hoping to get a clear answer.

I have MC on my Nvidia Shield and MC server on Windows HTPC. I cannot get the Shield to connect to the HTPC.

I have tried uninstalling MC from the Shield and reinstalling. It is on the latest version

I have upgraded from MC 25 to 26 on the HTPC. That is on the latest version too.

When connecting to the HTPC's library I enter my my user name and password. I get the spinning circle then it goes back to the main MC screen but no library is loaded. As I type this I remember reading about authorization problems or something like that. Is that what I'm experiencing?

I can see the Shield server when I look at the available libraries in the HTPC. I can also connect to the HTPC from other computers.

Thanks

The first thing to check is that it loaded the correct library. Go back into the load library activity and check to see if it shows the correct library is loaded. It will have an icon in front of the currently loaded library. If you don't see an icon in front of any library server in the list, it probably loaded a DLNA library. If this is the case, try loading the correct library again.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #263 on: January 31, 2020, 08:22:07 pm »

Having the same issue as dcpete with most of my video files (h.264 [blu-ray] in mkv containers mostly with flac audio). I did get one dvd rip to play, but like hoyt said, no audio (didn't check the codec, but it's probably one of the ones exoplayer doesn't decode (does it not decode flac either?).

rec head

« Reply #264 on: February 01, 2020, 06:45:53 am »

The first thing to check is that it loaded the correct library. Go back into the load library activity and check to see if it shows the correct library is loaded. It will have an icon in front of the currently loaded library. If you don't see an icon in front of any library server in the list, it probably loaded a DLNA library. If this is the case, try loading the correct library again.

How can I tell which library I'm loading is a DLNA? All libraries show up with the computer's name. The library I tried to load required my MC server's username and pw. I have never seen the icon in front of the library server.

rec head

« Reply #265 on: February 02, 2020, 11:33:14 am »

I now know what the icon is you were talking about. The library is not loading.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #266 on: February 02, 2020, 05:14:52 pm »

I now know what the icon is you were talking about. The library is not loading.

I couldn't load my HTPC Library immediately after the update. But today it loaded first try. I have no idea why. In the past I have had to Clear Data in the App to get a Library to load, but not this time.

For the future reference of others, the icon is shown against the loaded Library when you navigate back into the "Load Library" function, as per the attached image.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #267 on: February 04, 2020, 06:01:59 am »

Not having any luck at all playing videos on my Shield  running .21.  I can navigate my collection of TV Shows and Movies, yet when I try to play, nothing happens, I just get a blank screen with the transport buttons.  I can pause and play, but again, just a blank screen.  I haven't tried everything I have, but in general my content is x.265 and x.264 in MKV containers with DD, AAC or DTS audio.  Have rebooted the Shield.  Music plays fine.  Not sure how to proceed....
Chris

I have a similar behaviour, can load and navigate my MC library but videos do not play only music.

Video: Most thumbnails have not come across only the titles of shows, home videos and images which appear to load but do not play as above. Movies have not come across at all, when I go into Movies it shows the blank Monet picture.

Music: All music plays as 2ch PCM 48/24 (as reported by my pre-amp), even 5.1 pcm files play as 2 ch pcm.

Question: I have a lot of protected iso files mostly BD and some UHDBD which on the HTPC requires, mounting in VCD and ANYDVD to be running before MC will play, how will these play through the Shield? Or will I have to convert all my iso's to mkv?

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #268 on: February 04, 2020, 10:25:56 am »

Hello,

(Sorry if this has been answered before, but I just spent an hour reading posts but could not find the answer...)

I purchased JRiver on Android many months ago but so far the program still cannot find my playlists (.m3u), while other programs find them automatically.

What format of playlist must be used? I just use .m3U playlists as it was the default in MC26's sync to device feature.

In what folder should the playlists be copied to in order for JRiver on Android to find them? My playlists are located on the micro SD card in the music\playlist folder (which MC26 created during the sync).

Thanks.

Michel.

Museum

• Recent member
« Reply #269 on: February 04, 2020, 11:02:24 am »

Great news: the first time I installed JRiver for Android during summer last year - my audiofiles (seperate SD-Card) are loaded and I can play them. The behavior was very sluggish. The next update broke the possibility to find those files. I tried every update but no luck. Three days ago after the update to the latest version the files are loading again and can be played without issues. The programm is quick (About 1500 tracks) and scrolling is ok (10 Inch Display, Android 8.1 Head-Unit with Intel processor). Thank you for your work - i will stay with JRiver! Now I am waiting for the next step: controlling the Media-Server by my Android phone with Gizmo.
Tomorrow I will receive an Android-stick (Same model as the new dev-kit ADT-3 with HDMI 2.1). The most important task of this device will be showing slideshows from my pictures with JRiver for Android-TV on my OLED from LG (soon calibrated). I like to have HEIF-support (16 bit) with your app and color management reading the ICC-profiles of those files…

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #270 on: February 05, 2020, 06:28:41 pm »

Now I am waiting for the next step: controlling the Media-Server by my Android phone with Gizmo.
This should work now.  Any MC remote should be able to connect to JRiver for Android.

Instead of an Access Key, enter the IP address.  Here's an example:

192.168.0.50:52199

You could also do it from a browser with Panel.

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #271 on: February 06, 2020, 05:52:09 am »

Hello,

(Sorry if this has been answered before, but I just spent an hour reading posts but could not find the answer...)

I purchased JRiver on Android many months ago but so far the program still cannot find my playlists (.m3u), while other programs find them automatically.

What format of playlist must be used? I just use .m3U playlists as it was the default in MC26's sync to device feature.

In what folder should the playlists be copied to in order for JRiver on Android to find them? My playlists are located on the micro SD card in the music\playlist folder (which MC26 created during the sync).

Thanks.

Michel.

Bump...  :)

BradATIMA

« Reply #272 on: February 06, 2020, 08:34:41 am »

Hello,

Thanks.

Michel.

The folder your playlists are in should be fine, and it should be able to import mpl, m3u, m3u8, and jsxml. I did a test this morning with m3u playlists in: <internal storage>/Music/Playlists and <secondary storage>/Media/Playlists. It was able to import the m3u file from both locations.

It might take a few minutes to find the playlists. When it imports them, they will show up under Imported Playlists in the Playlists section.

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #273 on: February 06, 2020, 09:00:49 am »

The folder your playlists are in should be fine, and it should be able to import mpl, m3u, m3u8, and jsxml. I did a test this morning with m3u playlists in: <internal storage>/Music/Playlists and <secondary storage>/Media/Playlists. It was able to import the m3u file from both locations.

It might take a few minutes to find the playlists. When it imports them, they will show up under Imported Playlists in the Playlists section.

Thanks for the reply Brad.

Should the playlists be stored in <secondary storage>/Media/Playlists or <secondary storage>/Music/Playlists?

I don't have a "Media" folder on my microSD card, but I could create one.

I presently have my playlists in <secondary storage>/Music/Playlists.

Or does JRiver on Android care which folder the play lists are located in?

I just ran another "run auto import" and it still does not find my playlists. Note that all the music is accessible directly but using playlists (since they are not found by JRiver on Android.

Thanks.

Michel.

dcpete

• World Citizen
« Reply #274 on: February 06, 2020, 11:22:43 am »

Running .22 now.  The good news is everything I try on my LG G8 running Android 10 seems to work!  Nice job!  I haven't tested everything, but video and music are both navigable and play.  I've only tested a small sample size of my videos though, so can't yet comment on the full range.  Music seems fine too and covers show up...all good.

The bad news is nothing plays on my Shield.  The panel shows up and I can navigate.  I can seemingly load the library.  It shows me the correct library (lives on a Windows box running 25) and it says it loads successfully.  But when I try to navigate to music or video, no content shows up.  I've gone into settings and cleared the data for this app, but I still get the same result.

So in conclusion

Android 10 on my LG G8....Good
Nvidia Shield....Not good

Update: Just noticed .23 was just dropped.  I am getting the same results with .23

Thanks, Chris

BradATIMA

« Reply #275 on: February 06, 2020, 01:12:10 pm »

Running .22 now.  The good news is everything I try on my LG G8 running Android 10 seems to work!  Nice job!  I haven't tested everything, but video and music are both navigable and play.  I've only tested a small sample size of my videos though, so can't yet comment on the full range.  Music seems fine too and covers show up...all good.

The bad news is nothing plays on my Shield.  The panel shows up and I can navigate.  I can seemingly load the library.  It shows me the correct library (lives on a Windows box running 25) and it says it loads successfully.  But when I try to navigate to music or video, no content shows up.  I've gone into settings and cleared the data for this app, but I still get the same result.

So in conclusion

Android 10 on my LG G8....Good
Nvidia Shield....Not good

Update: Just noticed .23 was just dropped.  I am getting the same results with .23

Thanks, Chris

If you don't see the files from the library server after it says it successfully loaded the library, try going back into the load library option. It will show you which library is actually loaded by displaying an icon in front of it. Make sure that it is showing the correct library is loaded. If you don't see an icon in front of the library it should have loaded, try loading it again.

dcpete

• World Citizen
« Reply #276 on: February 06, 2020, 01:17:50 pm »

I see the icon, the correct library is loaded.  Works on my phone, doesn't work on my Shield.

Thanks, Chris

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #277 on: February 06, 2020, 01:23:52 pm »

Can you try MC26 on your server?

BradATIMA

« Reply #278 on: February 06, 2020, 01:26:58 pm »

I see the icon, the correct library is loaded.  Works on my phone, doesn't work on my Shield.

Thanks, Chris

Have you tried using the back button until you get out of the app and back to the Shield home screen, and then going back into the app?

Is it both music and videos that are missing? If just videos are missing, try the Disk category under Videos.

BradATIMA

« Reply #279 on: February 06, 2020, 01:33:12 pm »

Should the playlists be stored in <secondary storage>/Media/Playlists or <secondary storage>/Music/Playlists?

I just ran another "run auto import" and it still does not find my playlists. Note that all the music is accessible directly but using playlists (since they are not found by JRiver on Android.

Thanks.

Michel.

After doing some testing, it looks like it's not importing from <secondary storage>/Music/Playlists. I wouldn't advise moving the playlists because this will probably break them if they're using relative paths. We will try to have a solution soon.

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #280 on: February 06, 2020, 01:35:16 pm »

After doing some testing, it looks like it's not importing from <secondary storage>/Music/Playlists. I wouldn't advise moving the playlists because this will probably break them if they're using relative paths. We will try to have a solution soon.

Thanks Brad!

Michel.

dcpete

• World Citizen
« Reply #281 on: February 06, 2020, 04:55:01 pm »

Can you try MC26 on your server?

I get similar results with MC26. 

Have you tried using the back button until you get out of the app and back to the Shield home screen, and then going back into the app?

Is it both music and videos that are missing? If just videos are missing, try the Disk category under Videos.

Yes, I have tried that.  Sometimes "Disk" button doesn't show up under Videos, but when it does, I get nothing.

I think there is some caching problem is my guess.  I have so much content that I have a separate databases for Music, TV Shows and Movies (3 different).  So when I want to listen to music, I switch to the music database, TV Shows - the TV database, Movies - the Movie database.  They all show up under the same name under JRiver for Android (ie. "DCP-Desktop (Library Server)" ).  I did get music working once after stopping the app, clearing the data from Shield/App screen and was able to navigate and play music.  But when I change to my TV database and re-load, I get nothing.  Even when I reboot the Shield, clear data and re-load, I get nothing for Video.  It acts like reloading the library does NOT clean out what was there before.  But in addition the music is gone from the last load, so it does seem to clear out parts of the library.

Navigating into the "Disk" button when present also shows nothing,  just a blank screen even after waiting for 10-15 minutes.  A couple of releases ago I was able to navigate through the "Disk" button, even though nothing showed up under "Shows" or "Movies"  Then I had some playback issues as previously reported.  But now I can't get to my video's on MC25 or MC26 and it seems intermittent that I get music to show up.  I have always seen my server fine on the "Load Library" button and it says it loaded it, but again, when I actually try to browse, I see nothing.

Hope this helps.  I would investigate the  area surrounding loading of libraries and/or caching for this bug.  It seems to be related.

Also, I was about to say this appears to be a Shield problem only, but I just reproduced the same behavior on my Android Phone (LG G8), where it doesn't seem to be clearing out or loading the library correctly, even after stopping and clearing out the data for the app.

Thanks, Chris

BradATIMA

« Reply #282 on: February 07, 2020, 10:33:15 am »

I have a similar behaviour, can load and navigate my MC library but videos do not play only music.

Video: Most thumbnails have not come across only the titles of shows, home videos and images which appear to load but do not play as above. Movies have not come across at all, when I go into Movies it shows the blank Monet picture.

Music: All music plays as 2ch PCM 48/24 (as reported by my pre-amp), even 5.1 pcm files play as 2 ch pcm.

Question: I have a lot of protected iso files mostly BD and some UHDBD which on the HTPC requires, mounting in VCD and ANYDVD to be running before MC will play, how will these play through the Shield? Or will I have to convert all my iso's to mkv?

There was a bug with video playback on some loaded library servers. Try version 26.0.26, which should be available this evening.

Museum

• Recent member
« Reply #283 on: February 08, 2020, 02:06:43 pm »

@Jim : Got it working - it was a problem getting connected to my Android Hotspot. Using my Nexus Tablet with Gizmo or JRemote it was working without problems. Thank you for your help.
I am still hoping to get HEIF/HEIC-files supported: smaller files and 10/12/14 or 16 bit Depth. Android 9 and Windows 10 with the extensions are already able to show Images in that Format (but I think it is only 8 bit). A couple of thousands of TIFF Images are waiing to get converted to HEIF. Is a slideshow in JRiver aware of ICC-profiles ? Thank you for getting Android (TV) stable and at a acceptable working-speed.

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #284 on: February 08, 2020, 04:12:05 pm »

There was a bug with video playback on some loaded library servers. Try version 26.0.26, which should be available this evening.

Thanks Brad, Looks like 26.0.26 has fixed some things. I can now play some video shows ( I only managed a 1080P mkv file) and 5.1 is working but not all video formats will play and movies still do not appear at all. I think this could be related to the 'Movie' media sub type not coming across as some of the 'Shows' playing are similar file types to ones I have in "Movie' sub type.

My "Movies" are a combo of video files and iso's, sill not sure how the iso's will be handled?

There are also no thumbnails just blank boxes with titles underneath.

Video playback PQ is not particularly impressive, the 1080P mkv I played through the Shield did not seem as vibrant or dynamic as when played on the HTPC with madVr upscaling.

BradATIMA

« Reply #285 on: February 10, 2020, 08:37:34 am »

Thanks.

Michel.

You should be able to import the playlists using the Import Folder option in the main menu.

slerch666

• World Citizen
« Reply #286 on: February 10, 2020, 11:34:33 am »

I am running a https://www.zorloo.com/ztella via USB-C on my Pixel 2 XL.

Sound can run through it using the OOBE option but... it definitely doesn't sound like it is using the DAC properly.
The reason I feel this to be the case is that I can use the Onkyo HF Player and tell it to explicitly use the Ztella. The indicator on the front should be blue for 48 KHz or lower sample rates. Red for anything greater than 48 KHz. Playing back a 96 KHz file, the light remains blue.

Any chance there is an option coming for routing audio through an externally connected via OTG DAC/headphone amp?

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #287 on: February 10, 2020, 01:26:12 pm »

You should be able to import the playlists using the Import Folder option in the main menu.

Hi Brad.

I installed JRiver for Android 26.0.26 and I now can see my playlists. :)

But I'm sorry to report that while I can see the playlists now, there are 2 problems:

1) Each playlist shown in the "Imported Playlists" folder does not show any icons, just a description (the name of the playlists) below where an icon would normally be.

2) When I select any of the playlists, it open to a blank page and nothing happens. I do know that my playlists are OK as Rocket Player finds them and plays the music on the playlists just fine.

?

Michel.

BradATIMA

« Reply #288 on: February 10, 2020, 02:51:18 pm »

Hi Brad.

I installed JRiver for Android 26.0.26 and I now can see my playlists. :)

But I'm sorry to report that while I can see the playlists now, there are 2 problems:

1) Each playlist shown in the "Imported Playlists" folder does not show any icons, just a description (the name of the playlists) below where an icon would normally be.

2) When I select any of the playlists, it open to a blank page and nothing happens. I do know that my playlists are OK as Rocket Player finds them and plays the music on the playlists just fine.

?

Michel.

Do you see the files that should be in the playlist in the library?

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #289 on: February 10, 2020, 03:10:58 pm »

Do you see the files that should be in the playlist in the library?

Hi Brad.

I just checked and yes, I can see and play the individual songs that are listed in the playlists.

Michel.

BradATIMA

« Reply #290 on: February 11, 2020, 08:13:05 am »

Hi Brad.

I just checked and yes, I can see and play the individual songs that are listed in the playlists.

Michel.

Can you e-mail one of the m3u files to brad at jriver ?

dcpete

• World Citizen
« Reply #291 on: February 11, 2020, 03:10:35 pm »

I swear I just posted a bug report here and now it's gone?

Thanks, Chris

BradATIMA

« Reply #292 on: February 11, 2020, 03:20:20 pm »

I swear I just posted a bug report here and now it's gone?  Did it get moved or deleted?

Thanks, Chris

Other than this one?

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,118438.msg859247.html#msg859247

dcpete

• World Citizen
« Reply #293 on: February 11, 2020, 03:26:32 pm »

Yes, I just posted an update on 26.0.26 and now it's gone..or maybe I'm going crazy.  Anyway, bottom line I'm seeing the same problem with Library views with .26. as I reported in the above post you referenced.  Platform is the Shield...

Chris

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #294 on: February 11, 2020, 05:14:49 pm »

This?  It was posted in a different thread.

"There is a bug in all versions of 26,now on 26.0.22.  I use Windows drive mappings for importing from my NAS.  I have 3 different mappings for Movies (M:), TV Shows (T:) and Music (U:).  When I go from TV Shows to Music, loading a different library each time corresponding to the drive mapping, the configured drive mapping does not persist.  For example if I load the TV Library which is configured to use T:, and I switch to my music library which was previously configured to use U:, the old drive mapping shows up, for example T: instead of U: which had been configured before."

"This does not happen with MC 25.  It's definitely a bug that was introduced with MC 26."

Thanks, Chris

dcpete

• World Citizen
« Reply #295 on: February 11, 2020, 05:35:32 pm »

No, sorry. That was a different problem I had with MC 26.

Chris

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #296 on: February 11, 2020, 06:52:01 pm »

You can copy and paste it back there.  Sorry I moved it here.

dcpete

• World Citizen
« Reply #297 on: February 11, 2020, 06:59:51 pm »

Jim,

It's good, maybe I never hit send. Regardless, the post is gone. That one belongs in that other thread, not this one.

Thanks again, no worries...Chris

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #298 on: February 12, 2020, 04:05:36 am »

Can you e-mail one of the m3u files to brad at jriver ?

No problem. I send some to you right now.

Michel.

Museum

• Recent member
« Reply #299 on: February 14, 2020, 05:31:07 am »

A very good summary of the development of Image Formats and future AVIF support of different platforms:
https://netflixtechblog.com/avif-for-next-generation-image-coding-b1d75675fe4
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up