INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver on Android -- Development Discussion, Questions, & Answers  (Read 65685 times)

Library Eye

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver on Android -- Development Discussion, Questions, & Answers
« Reply #300 on: February 24, 2020, 11:04:53 pm »

I have the Master License. One thing that keeps me using the Mac version is that with Airfoil, I can play JRiver thru my AV receiver while simultaneously sending the audio in sync (thanks to a short delay I figured out and set up in Airfoil once and has worked ever since) to my old Airplay speaker.
Will running JRiver on my Android, just like JRiver installed on a computer, show up as a Zone in JRiver (Mac, Linux, Windows) desktop app, so that I can link my local "Here" zone on my (let's say, Linux) desktop to the Zone on the Android? If so, assuming the timing adjustment I can set will reliably hold, then by plugging an Android into the RCA inputs of my old Airplay speaker i could get same functionality - JRiver playing in sync on my desktop's physically connected AV receiver and my Airplay speaker (or countless other devices) without need for Apple's Airplay protocol.
Thanks

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #301 on: March 08, 2020, 07:50:44 pm »

I updated to .21 on my Shield.  After this happened, the app icon was set to the default Android icon, not the MC logo.  Opening the app took a long time, but did eventually open. 

I was able to play back videos with ac3 audio.  A few things I noticed:

• When I first launched a video, the play controls stayed on the screen until I hit the back button.  They should vanish after a few seconds.
  • The rwd/ fwd buttons don't work (I assume this is a yet thing)
  • On the phone, there's a progress bar that I could tap on to move forward.  Will something like this be implemented on Android TV, so I can use the right arrow d-pad control to move on the progress bar?
  • I played a show, and just let the video finish.  I then walked to the kitchen.  After a bit of time, the video just started playing over again. 
  • The video that I played wasn't marked as watched when I looked at my library server.  I'm looking at the Date Last Opened field.
  • If I pause the video, when I start it back, there's no sound for about a second.  I'm pretty sure this has something to do with my stereo because the same thing happens with Netflix - but not the YouTubeTV app.  I'm guessing YTTV keeps the audio alive with no sound.

#2 and #5 did work on the phone, but I would expect Last Played to be set and it wasn't.

Any updates on these items from January?

Fast forward and rewind are two things that I would consider aspects of a minimum viable product for a video player.  I have this installed on my Shield and I update it now and then, but I'm always using MO4 Media because I can't control the position of the video at this point.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #302 on: March 10, 2020, 05:01:25 pm »

Any updates on these items from January?

Fast forward and rewind are two things that I would consider aspects of a minimum viable product for a video player.  I have this installed on my Shield and I update it now and then, but I'm always using MO4 Media because I can't control the position of the video at this point.

26.0.33 (3/9/2020)

1. NEW: (Android TV) Fast forward and rewind now work with video.
2. NEW: (Android TV) Added cover art support.

I used this last night with video to test the ffd/ rwd actions.  A few comments:

1. When I fast forward, or rewind, I have to click play again.  Using the FFD icon, moves you up 10 seconds, but also pauses the playback.
2. In order to fast forward, you need to hit down on the D-Pad to get the icons to show up.  I feel like simply hitting right or left on the d-pad should trigger this action.
3. The action dialog doesn't disappear.  You have to hit fast forward as many times as you like, then play, then back to get rid of the display.
4. I'm equating this to my use of YouTubeTV on the Shield.  It does a lot of more advanced stuff that would be great (holding down the right button moves you in chunks of 30 seconds, but after a few chunks, it speeds up to 60 second chunks, then 120 seconds).  This may be nice to do because if I start a movie playback and need to jump back to where I was before, jumping forward 10 seconds at a time could take a while.

I assume most of those are on your list, but wanted to bring them up just in case.

Thanks!

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #303 on: March 24, 2020, 02:26:30 am »

Question:

If I have a protected ISO on my PC and use VCD and anydvd to play using MC, how can this now be done via Shield through DLNA? Is this at all possible or do I need to convert these ISO's to MKV or similar?

rec head

« Reply #304 on: March 24, 2020, 08:08:40 am »

Can the first post be updated to the current feature set?

Is UHD playback supported? I imported one movie to a remote library and it does not show up in MC for Android even after reloading the library.

thescottmclean

• Recent member
« Reply #305 on: March 25, 2020, 12:24:42 pm »

Need help.  I have jriver for my nvidea shield tv, as well as cell phone.  Both served from jriver on windows.  All versions are current. All on the same network.  Neither cell phone nor shield plays video.  On the phone, it sees the server library.  Shows me the videos, and cover art and attempts to play, but just keeps loading, attempting to play, but loading at the same time.  If I pause it and fast forward I can see the video clip paused, as soon as i resume playback, it just tries to load.  Shield is completely different.  When i have no data, so either erase all data, or delete the jriver app, and load app fresh.  I can see a video menu.  I can load the server library, as soon as i do, the video menu disappears.  If a look at playlists, the video playlists are there, but empty.  The jriver media server works well if a use Mo4Media app, so i know the server is working.  On the windows pc, everything plays perfectly. 

I know the video was behind at first in the android tv app, but i figured the phone version should work.  What am I missing.

rec head

« Reply #306 on: March 25, 2020, 03:16:45 pm »

This isn't the solution you are looking for but I would just use a remote like MO4media on the phone.

BradATIMA

« Reply #307 on: March 25, 2020, 05:02:39 pm »

Question:

If I have a protected ISO on my PC and use VCD and anydvd to play using MC, how can this now be done via Shield through DLNA? Is this at all possible or do I need to convert these ISO's to MKV or similar?

I haven't done any testing with ISO files on Android, but I doubt the player will be able to play them unconverted.

BradATIMA

« Reply #308 on: March 25, 2020, 05:10:30 pm »

Can the first post be updated to the current feature set?

Is UHD playback supported? I imported one movie to a remote library and it does not show up in MC for Android even after reloading the library.

Check the Disk section under videos. There is a bug where videos aren't showing up under the other sections.

BradATIMA

« Reply #309 on: March 25, 2020, 05:26:23 pm »

Need help.  I have jriver for my nvidea shield tv, as well as cell phone.  Both served from jriver on windows.  All versions are current. All on the same network.  Neither cell phone nor shield plays video.  On the phone, it sees the server library.  Shows me the videos, and cover art and attempts to play, but just keeps loading, attempting to play, but loading at the same time.  If I pause it and fast forward I can see the video clip paused, as soon as i resume playback, it just tries to load.  Shield is completely different.  When i have no data, so either erase all data, or delete the jriver app, and load app fresh.  I can see a video menu.  I can load the server library, as soon as i do, the video menu disappears.  If a look at playlists, the video playlists are there, but empty.  The jriver media server works well if a use Mo4Media app, so i know the server is working.  On the windows pc, everything plays perfectly. 

I know the video was behind at first in the android tv app, but i figured the phone version should work.  What am I missing.

What files types are you trying to play? What video compression are they using?

As for the Shield, I'm not sure why the Video section would disappear. Usually you can still find the video under the Disk section of the Video category. The Shield doesn't display all playlists properly at the moment, so that probably why the video playlists appear empty.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #310 on: March 25, 2020, 05:47:05 pm »

This isn't the solution you are looking for but I would just use a remote like MO4media on the phone.

Or JRemote2 for Android, which plays video files fine for me.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

rec head

« Reply #311 on: March 27, 2020, 02:18:38 pm »

Check the Disk section under videos. There is a bug where videos aren't showing up under the other sections.

I tried Disk. One of the three movies was there. I tried playing it and a music track started playing. I'm guessing it was the last song in Now Playing.

I still think having the current features and major bugs listed in the first post would be really helpful.

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #312 on: April 22, 2020, 08:49:41 pm »

All of my movies show up in the Disk section. However, most of them won't play. They start, but after about 10 - 15 seconds they pause/stop, and pressing play doesn't respond. The movie files that do this are all MKVs that were created from ripping my Blu-ray discs with MakeMKV. They all play fine on my laptop running JRiver Media Center v25. These also play on my NVidia Shield when I use Kodi. I'm not a huge fan of Kodi, so I'm hoping this will work with JRiver on Android. I also have a lot of ripped DVDs and so far JRiver on Android can play them.

BradATIMA

« Reply #313 on: April 23, 2020, 11:17:47 am »

All of my movies show up in the Disk section. However, most of them won't play. They start, but after about 10 - 15 seconds they pause/stop, and pressing play doesn't respond. The movie files that do this are all MKVs that were created from ripping my Blu-ray discs with MakeMKV. They all play fine on my laptop running JRiver Media Center v25. These also play on my NVidia Shield when I use Kodi. I'm not a huge fan of Kodi, so I'm hoping this will work with JRiver on Android. I also have a lot of ripped DVDs and so far JRiver on Android can play them.

What is the video compression for these files? Are you using a loaded library or are the videos imported directly to JRiver for Android?

GreggP

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #314 on: April 23, 2020, 12:19:22 pm »

The MKV file has h264 video compression and the audio was converted to FLAC when I ripped with MakeMKV. Everything I play from the Nvidia Shield is from a loaded library. I don't have any media stored locally on the Shield. I haven't tried importing anything directly to JRiver for Android and didn't know I could do that from my media server.

While just listening to a playlist of music with my Shield loaded from my library, I noticed it didn't play a DSD encoded file and skipped ahead to the next PCM song on the playlist. Will I need to change the audio conversion setting from 'convert audio if necessary'? I just tried playing one of the DSD files with Kodi and it plays. It took a while for it to start, so I don't know if it is because Kodi is slow or if it was converting the file. I don't use Kodi enough to know if it was a performance issue.

BradATIMA

« Reply #315 on: April 23, 2020, 05:00:59 pm »

The MKV file has h264 video compression and the audio was converted to FLAC when I ripped with MakeMKV. Everything I play from the Nvidia Shield is from a loaded library. I don't have any media stored locally on the Shield. I haven't tried importing anything directly to JRiver for Android and didn't know I could do that from my media server.

You can't import from network storage yet, but you can import from an external hard drive. I'm having a hard time reproducing this issue. I haven't had an issue playing mkv Blu-ray rips with h264 video compression from a loaded library. JRiver for Android is still being worked on, so we're still trying to fix these issues.

While just listening to a playlist of music with my Shield loaded from my library, I noticed it didn't play a DSD encoded file and skipped ahead to the next PCM song on the playlist. Will I need to change the audio conversion setting from 'convert audio if necessary'? I just tried playing one of the DSD files with Kodi and it plays. It took a while for it to start, so I don't know if it is because Kodi is slow or if it was converting the file. I don't use Kodi enough to know if it was a performance issue.

Unless you're playing to it as a DLNA renderer, you can't change the audio conversion settings on JRiver for Android, yet. I've had mixed success playing DSD files, but there hasn't been much testing with them yet.

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #316 on: April 25, 2020, 02:38:46 am »

GreggP's issue is pretty similar to what I reported about a month back:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,124564.0.html

It still doesn't work here on my Shield with a loaded library and with no transcoding: h264 MKVs, also with FLAC audio, either pushing to the Shield (as I reported above) or pulling from the MC server.

And I too use Kodi as a substitute, alas.

jlopes89

« Reply #317 on: April 26, 2020, 07:50:06 pm »

I currently use jriver remote through my 2019 Nvidia Shield TV Pro and have no issues with streaming audio that originates as DSD, FLAC, APE, WAV, etc. (I also have Gizmo sideloaded (no longer supported directly through Nvidia and playing the same formats)

The one issue I have is unloading jremote as it does not allow one to close the program. The effect of that is not allowing other programs like Netflix and Youtube to run until I go into the settings menu and force close jremote. At times, I need to reboot the Nvidia Shield TV device i order to run other programs. Sensing this may be a memory issue, I added 16gig of storage but that did not seem to alleviate the problem.

Can you please look into this with your next revision? There is also no stop buttton in the audio palyback section.

Thanks. BTW, there is no issue with Gizmo and sometimes, I believe it is a better functioning alternative.

CameronAZ

« Reply #318 on: July 22, 2020, 01:16:04 am »

How do I go about shuffling all my music at once? I can only figure out how to select one artist at a time.

EDIT

In case someone sees this post and has the same issue: On the current beta version I am able to long press artists and hit play. That allows me to shuffle all my music. With the main release on Android a long press doesn't do anything.

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #319 on: August 18, 2020, 07:13:05 am »

All of my movies show up in the Disk section. However, most of them won't play. They start, but after about 10 - 15 seconds they pause/stop, and pressing play doesn't respond. The movie files that do this are all MKVs that were created from ripping my Blu-ray discs with MakeMKV. They all play fine on my laptop running JRiver Media Center v25.

I also have this issue, files are playing but they pause after a minute or so, the only way to resume is to back out of the movie to the menu and back in again and then it will restart.

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #320 on: August 18, 2020, 07:17:25 am »

Great to see with .108 files will finally play from Movies!

But reading the menu system in Movies on the Shield there are no genres, all the movies are just bunched together in alphabetical order, I have thousands of movies so this wont work.

Also the subtitles for all movies are locked on and I see no way of removing them in the shield.

PQ on 4K movies looks great though and DTS-MA 7.1 is bit-streaming!

We're getting there people!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #321 on: August 23, 2020, 11:01:46 pm »

As it seemed that JRiver for Android TV was getting there, I decided to install it on my Sony KD-65X9300D Android TV.

I was using only the IR Remote Control for the TV, so that added some challenges to loading a MC Server Library. But with the correct button sequence, that worked.

However, the only media that will play is images, and each image takes 15 to 30 seconds to load, and only one image will load at a time.

No Audio or Video media will play, at all.

This leaves a little to be desired.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #322 on: August 30, 2020, 01:57:59 am »

Just to bump this...

I have the same issue as in this post running on my 2015 4K Sony KD-65X9300D. While it is designated as a 2015 design, but I bought it in December 2016, so no doubt it had some hardware updates along the way. It is an advanced Smart TV running Android TV version 8.0.0 with Kernel version 3.10.79 from March 4th 2020. Very recent.

It doesn't work really, other than menu navigation and loading a remote Library. It can't play anything other than images and does that badly.

I was hoping JRiver for Android TV would run on such a platform. Really, after the Shield and maybe a few lower-end Android TV devices, it should run best on Android TV based Smart TVs, such as the Sony. Those are the primary platforms for Android TV. The current "Xiaomi Mi Box S", which is the only other certified Android TV box apart from the Shield apparently, only runs Android TV 8.1. The Shield is only running Android 9.0 (Pie) powered by Android TV™.

Also, MO 4Media runs on my Sony TV pretty well. It doesn't play all video formats, as I understand it uses the Android playback engine/components, rather than ExoPlayer, but it works for Video, Audio, and Images.

Given that JRemote2 exists for running on mobile phones, I would have thought the most appropriate market for JRiver for Android would be Android TV devices, where a TV could run stand-alone without a NUC or similar small format PC running a MC Client. JRiver for Android TV could be the perfect solution in that situation.

Hilton

« Reply #323 on: August 30, 2020, 06:04:36 am »

Hi

Just updated my shield to 8.2 and the new nvidia HDR to SDR tone mapping works fantastic.

First time I've tried JRiver android in a while. Its coming along very nicely. 

Cheers

bahamot

• Recent member
« Reply #324 on: September 13, 2020, 12:40:50 am »

Can you use android JRiver to control MC on another PC (much like MC acts as Tremote)?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #325 on: September 13, 2020, 03:38:02 am »

Can you use android JRiver to control MC on another PC (much like MC acts as Tremote)?

Yes, you can. I have had some issue losing control of playback though. At least for video. Seems to be fine for audio.

Just load a MC Server Library, then under "Settings > Play to" select a Server Zone to play to, which will be in the form "There: Client_Device_Name". The Client_Device_Name in my case is my TV name, and my Workstation PC name.
You have to have the Media Network setting "Show playback zones from the server on the client" turned on.

bahamot

• Recent member
« Reply #326 on: September 13, 2020, 09:39:55 am »

Thanks @RoderickGI, decided to purchase it, but somehow the purchased was declined.  ?
I've purchased many other software, this is the first time my payment was declined on PlayStore.

Got it working. But decided to refund it after played with it for a while ... maybe the remote is better for me.

wpbpete

« Reply #327 on: September 29, 2020, 01:04:26 pm »

Hi,
I installed the app on my Shield tube this morning but I don't see where I can load a SMB library. The only option under "tools" is for the Shield drive. It doesn't even show the drives connected to the Shield via SMB. Please help, thx.

BradATIMA

« Reply #328 on: September 29, 2020, 02:21:46 pm »

Hi,
I installed the app on my Shield tube this morning but I don't see where I can load a SMB library. The only option under "tools" is for the Shield drive. It doesn't even show the drives connected to the Shield via SMB. Please help, thx.

JRiver for Android does not support importing from network drives, yet. It's a planned addition, but there is no time estimate yet.

wpbpete

« Reply #329 on: September 29, 2020, 02:40:05 pm »

JRiver for Android does not support importing from network drives, yet. It's a planned addition, but there is no time estimate yet.
Thanks, I got myself confused and thought it was ready for smb. So if I don't have MC and the drives are not plugged in directly to the Shield, what are my options? Wait? lol

BradATIMA

« Reply #330 on: September 29, 2020, 03:09:48 pm »

Thanks, I got myself confused and thought it was ready for smb. So if I don't have MC and the drives are not plugged in directly to the Shield, what are my options? Wait? lol

Unfortunately, yes. The best options at the moment is either a USB drive or loading a library (which requires Media Center). Importing from network storage is a pretty high priority, so hopefully it won't be long.

rec head

« Reply #331 on: October 23, 2020, 10:13:16 am »

With the latest Exoplayer now supporting Dolby Vision in MKV's any timeline as to when MC will be using it?

budley007

• Recent member
« Reply #332 on: October 28, 2020, 10:25:35 pm »

Unfortunately, yes. The best options at the moment is either a USB drive or loading a library (which requires Media Center). Importing from network storage is a pretty high priority, so hopefully it won't be long.

This is great news. I've been anticipating this feature for quite a while now. Keep up the great work.

Bigpoppapump

• Recent member
« Reply #333 on: January 14, 2021, 02:49:51 am »

Is CloudPlay possible on JRiver for Android?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #334 on: January 14, 2021, 08:15:25 am »

Is CloudPlay possible on JRiver for Android?
Yes.  It's limited to playback.

Bigpoppapump

• Recent member
« Reply #335 on: January 14, 2021, 01:29:33 pm »

Thank you for the reply and I have purchased J River for android! Trying to sign in for cloudplay on which I have a huge number of playlists. Its asking for my email address but my cloudplay on J River 27  user name is not an email address. I cant get in the door. What is the solution?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #336 on: January 14, 2021, 03:49:54 pm »

When you registered for Cloudplay, you entered an e-mail address.

tdot

• Recent member
« Reply #337 on: March 11, 2021, 02:19:15 pm »

Can you check which version of Android this tablet is using? It might be outside what JRiver for Android supports. JRiver for Android requires Android 5.0 or later.

Is Android 5 the minimum requirement?  Can someone confirm please?  Thanks.  I am looking to use an old tablet as endpoint.

BradATIMA

« Reply #338 on: March 11, 2021, 02:55:29 pm »

Is Android 5 the minimum requirement?  Can someone confirm please?  Thanks.  I am looking to use an old tablet as endpoint.

The earliest supported version is Android 7.0

tdot

• Recent member
« Reply #339 on: March 11, 2021, 02:57:48 pm »

The earliest supported version is Android 7.0

Thanks for the clarification.

tdot

• Recent member
« Reply #340 on: March 12, 2021, 11:46:38 am »

I have a Fire HD 8 tablet running Fire OS 7 (Android 9 Pie based).  I also have Google Play and services sideloaded on it, so it runs just like any Android 9device.  I run all kinds of apps from Google app store on it without problems.

Will JRiver on Android run on it?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #341 on: March 12, 2021, 11:59:47 am »

If it installs, it will probably run.  You have an hour to test it.  If there are any problems, uninstall it during that hour.

tdot

• Recent member
« Reply #342 on: March 13, 2021, 10:00:55 am »

What is the general logic in thumbnail caching?

I assume that there is a background process that grabs thumbnails from the MC server loaded, while any object (e.g. album) on first use will instantly be cached?  Is there a periodic screen refresh while thumbnails are caching?  I notice that sometimes if I click on two objects one after another to get thumbnails on the file level, when I get back to Album, the Album page refreshes.  However it is not consistent.

If there is a background process, should I leave the mobile device unlocked to prevent the app from going into sleep mode?

Thanks in advance.

tdot

• Recent member
« Reply #343 on: March 13, 2021, 05:25:44 pm »

I notice something interesting about thumbnail display.

Let's say, if I use the slider to go to C, then click a thumbnail with a "?", when I get out, it brings me to the top of the page.  Then I use the slider to go to D, then I scroll up, then all the "?" thumbnails between C and D will be filled with artwork.

By the way, all my music files have artwork embedded.

tdot

• Recent member
« Reply #344 on: March 16, 2021, 10:38:50 am »

On Panel, I can see the entire list of songs currently playing at a client endpoint.

On JRiver on Android, I can only see the current song playing.  If I swipe left to see the list, I see the list of songs I played from this device last, not the current list at the client endpoint.

Is this behaviour by design?

tdot

• Recent member
« Reply #345 on: March 16, 2021, 02:44:29 pm »

This is my usual set up when I play music.

Machine A - MC server
Machine B - JRiver on Android as an endpoint
Machine C - Chrome browser using Panel connected to A and playing music to B

If I pause playing music to make lunch, or if the music has finished playing, and if I leave it for a while, and after 30 minutes or so and start playing music again, I will have trouble playing a new song from C.  Sometimes it will play for a few seconds and then it will stop.  Then on B, MC displays a message saying there is a problem controlling the DLNA client.

To clear this problem, I will need to stop and start JRiver on Android on B a couple of times, then start playing a song directly on B for a few seconds and then stop it.  Then I can get back on C and play music again.

Z0001

« Reply #346 on: May 22, 2021, 10:11:42 pm »

Hi all

Is JR on Android fully working on Nvidia Shield now for audio and video? And for 4k? Can it access network files?

Is the audio same MC quality as a Windows PC would deliver?

Wondering if I can put my big HTPC in a cupboard and just use it as a server now.

Thanks
Z

rec head

« Reply #347 on: May 24, 2021, 06:56:44 am »

It works but I still prefer using my PC which is more refined. As far as playback of native 4K on a 4K TV quality should be the same. If you are upscaling to 4K it really depends on what your standards are. If you are used to high level madVR settings you might not be happy with it. The Shield's upscaling isn't bad but it isn't MadVR either.

If you are thinking of using the HTPC as a sever you can also consider running the server off of a low powered computer if you have one. I used to run the server on my HTPC but now run it on my old NUC. All my media is on a NAS so it was easy to switch. Now my HTPC stays powered down most of the time.

And yes, to be clear it does play files on the network. I only use the Shield as a client.

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen
« Reply #348 on: June 03, 2021, 07:11:15 am »

My regular use is through JRiver MAC on MAC notebook with NAS (movies) DAS (music). Just started using JRiver on Android with new Google TV (do not have an Android phone). Is further customisation of the JRiver screen and background possible like on the notebook app. The navigation in general and in particular music with a lack of a vertical list of tracks makes it hardly usable (like all others players I know, but I won't mention names). Is there an option to list tracks in a normal list (among a vertical line)?

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen
« Reply #349 on: June 10, 2021, 09:28:16 am »

JRiver Android is on Google TV. Music, Video is on NAS. My normal use is with Notebook and JRiver Mac. How can I use JRiver Android without with the help of the JRiver on MAC. I want to have JRiver Android import music from NAS directly. I do not see an option in the menu for that?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up