INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unique track numbering feature  (Read 1188 times)

Marra

• World Citizen
Unique track numbering feature
« on: May 22, 2003, 06:12:36 pm »

Call me "old fashioned" but I'd like to see the old jukebox feature of easily entering a number to play a track. So if you know American Pie is number 897, you simply enter "897" to play. This requires a unique number for every track. I've worked out how the numbers can be entered by :
1. Moving all track numbers to the unused integer field you will eventually use as the "number field".
2. Filling track numbers (now empty) with "Fill track numbers from list order". Fills with 1 to 999.
3. Flip flop track numbers and "number field".
That done, I now need an easy way to select the number of the track to play. Any ideas?
PS also would give a quick random selection if you didn't know what track was the entered number.

Marra

• World Citizen
Re: Unique track numbering feature
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2003, 06:46:11 pm »

Bump. It would also be useful for our young children to select their favourites to play by having a hardcopy of the appropriate numbers.

gvag

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2003, 11:49:13 pm »

Hi Marra -

You can sort of do it but you can't really do it  

Just go into Options/Tree & View Settings and select Track #/Edit uncheck Store in Tags and check Default search field.  Now ctl-f or click in the Search bar and type =# press "Enter"and that # will play.    

Trouble with this is the only way to get multiple songs into Playing Now is "=3 or =66 or =12..." not what you want, I think.

cheers

gvag

PS. I don't see the need for Flip/Flopping the Numeric field.  Just copy the real track numbers to the numeric field in case your ever want to restore them.

Marra

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 05:03:41 am »

Thanks gvag
Tried your suggestion but search finds all matches for that number. For example cntl F =128 finds number 128 song plus all matches of 128 in title, bitrate etc. Is there a way to limit the search to a particular field only?  Or am I missing something?

gvag

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 02:10:13 pm »

Marra -

I'd create a separate view scheme for what you want.  JukeBox?  Make sure that you've checked Options/Treeview/Track # to be the default search field.

In your Jukebox scheme hide any fields that have numbers in them and save your view.  It should basically work but it won't eliminate occasional titles or songs with digits in their names.

cheers

Marra

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2003, 01:59:29 pm »

gvag-

I have created a jukebox view scheme but search using CNTRL F always jumps from view scheme to media library view (with too many fields in it). Any ideas?

gvag

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 03:23:54 pm »

Marra -
I did some more testing and as long as you have the default search field set to "Track #" and use "=#" it doesn't seem to matter if there are other numeric fields showing.

Yes, MC jumps to Media Files if you use ctrl-f but it will stay in the current view if you just click in the search bar.  Even tho the focus in the Treeview seems to move to MF you'll still working with your current view.  It would be nice if there was an option to control the ctrl-f  :) behaviour but...

Pages: [1]   Go Up