INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuner not available for scanning [Solved]  (Read 1006 times)

mistergiles

• Recent member
Tuner not available for scanning [Solved]
« on: December 07, 2018, 07:45:03 am »

I have just re-installed MC24 and cannot get the TV app to work.  When I get to scanning, it keeps giving me the "specified tuner for scanning is in use or not available" message.  I have a dual tuner and it was working fine before re-installing.  Any suggestions?  I know the tuners are fine as they still work with other software on my PC

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Tuner not available for scanning
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 12:01:57 pm »

Did you have over-the-air EPG scanning set up?  Try disabling that until you finish channel scanning.  Restart MC before you attempt channel scanning.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

mistergiles

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 11:30:36 am »

I disabled OTA scanning & re-started, using xmltv this time.  It commenced the scan then stopped after a few seconds, saying no channels found.  So still no luck

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 02:01:09 pm »

Turn on logging, and try scanning again.  Post the log file here if it is small enough, or email it to me.  yaobing at jriver

mistergiles

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 08:48:08 am »

I turned on logging, scanned again, and guess what - it worked.  No idea why, as I'm sure it's nothing to do with logging, and nothing else was different this time.  Anyway, I now have the guide back and TV working BUT, there's a new issue which wasn't there before - subtitles are appearing on every programme, and have to be turned off again every time I switch channels.  When I left click on the screen and get the context menu up, the subtitles item shows a tick against the word 'off', and yet I have to click it to turn the subtitles off.  It's very annoying having to turn subtitles off every time I want to watch something - is there a global setting for this somewhere, as I can't seem to find one?

Yaobing

• Administrator
Re: Tuner not available for scanning [Solved]
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 03:53:22 pm »

Subtitles are recently added features.  There may be bugs.  As far as global settings are concerned, try Options > Video > Subtitles & Language.  However, it may not even apply to live TV.
Pages: [1]   Go Up