INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Rename Importing Problem-Please help  (Read 597 times)

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
Auto Rename Importing Problem-Please help
« on: December 11, 2018, 04:08:05 pm »

Hello,

I'm sure there is an easy solution to my problem. I would appreciate the help.

I have a movie library with a single root folder "film". The movie file are named "Movie_Title_(Year).ext" I import all my movie files from this folder into MC and it scrapes the information nicely. I am now adding downloaded trailers (I like the higher quality of the download vs. the streaming) in the same root folder. These trailers are aptly named "Movie_Title_(Year)-trailer.ext". I apply the same import settings on these files and categorize them the same as I do the movie files so that they will show up in the Theater View movie navigation. However, when MC imports the trailers, it removes the "-trailer" in the title. So, in either MC window view and in Theater View, I can't tell the difference between the trailer and main movie by the file name. I can tell by the length and size of the file but would like to tell by the title.

How can I make MC retain the "-trailer" of the filename when it imports it?

Thanks!   

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Auto Rename Importing Problem-Please help
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 05:54:47 pm »

No body has a handle on this? I'm sure it's an easy fix. Help appreciated.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto Rename Importing Problem-Please help
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 06:44:24 pm »

CARNAC (the function that interprets file names of imported files) will remove "trailer" from the name in the [Name] tag if it correctly identifies the movie. You can't stop that, but you can set the [Name] tag to whatever you want.

There are a huge number of ways to handle movie trailers in MC. A search of the forum will give you lots of ideas. It seems you have decided to import them like movies and have them show in the movie view, with just the [Name] tag differentiating them. Honestly, using that approach, if you aren't importing many movies the easiest way to fix it is just to edit the [Name] tag and add "-trailer" back in.

But you could tag videos on import, with an expression that recognises when a trailer is being imported by checking the file name for the text "trailer", and then writes the [Name] tag as you want, but only for movie trailers.

While you are doing tagging on import, you could also set the [Media Sub Type] to "Trailer", which is one of the options, and then modify you movie views in Standard and Theatre View to include trailers. Or you could set up a separate Trailers View.

A bit of research and learning how to write expressions, and you should have the solution you want.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up