INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Order for stacked thumbnails in theater view?  (Read 1272 times)

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Order for stacked thumbnails in theater view?
« on: December 12, 2018, 08:26:37 pm »

Hi,

I have theater views that by design show some movies with "stacked" or "tiled" thumbnails of the cover art.  For example, all the Mission Impossible movies are grouped to show under a tiled thumbnail titled "Mission Impossible"; you see all the cover arts arranged in their little spiral.  Drill down into that, and you see the individual cover art for all the movies.

My question is, what determines which image will be the top of the stack, and therefore visible?

From testing, it is NOT any of the following:
- Date/time imported
- Inverse date/time imported
- Alphabetical by name
- Inverse alphabetical by name
- the sort order of the items as defined in the view.

In my case, Mission Impossible 2 shows up as the top image, even though it is neither the first nor the last in any sense or sort order.

Can someone shed some light on this, or is the top image selected randomly?

Deleting and reimporting all the movies does NOT change which image is shown on top.

Thanks...

wer

Re: Order for stacked thumbnails in theater view?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 03:53:13 am »

Anyone?

wer

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 03:02:01 am »

Could someone at JRiver answer this please?  Since someone there wrote the code that displays the images in theater mode, someone knows the answer.

Thanks very much!

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 03:30:45 am »

It’s probably fairly indeterminate since there might be several threads processing the media.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 03:56:56 am »

As far as I can tell the order is based on the order of how they exist in the database. Don't expect changes here, the thumbnail doesn't know where in the structure it exists and how it should sort stuff.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

wer

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 07:14:56 pm »

Fair enough.  Is there any way that database order can be manipulated or affected?  I've tried deleting and reimporting but that has no effect.  Also the order in which totally new thumbnails are introduced is not it either.

I wasn't expecting changes or desiring an enhancement.  Just wanted to understand how it currently behaves in order to exploit/leverage that behavior.

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 01:32:24 am »

I would like to bump this question and see if there has been any progress in the ability to control the tiled cover views in theater view.

I have come to find out that the tiled cover views keeps rotating after that the Media server have been closed and reopened again.

Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S
Pages: [1]   Go Up