INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: madvr HDMI audio noise  (Read 813 times)

PGibby

• Junior Woodchuck
madvr HDMI audio noise
« on: December 13, 2018, 07:50:38 am »

I've got a weird one for you all  ;D

When using ROHQ in the highest quality preset, I get some strange hissing/popping/pulsing noises out of the audio of my TV. This ONLY happens when using madvr AND when using HDMI out to the TV. No other audio outputs are affected. Digital out from my Xonar STX soundcard is not affected, nor is analog out from it either. If i go to the medium preset, or turn more demanding madvr settings down...the noise goes away.

When I go to even more demanding settings in madvr, the noise tends to get worse. Sometimes if I stop the video, then restart it, the noise goes away...sometimes not. Now, I've tried two different GPUs....and have had the same issue. First it happened on a GTX1050ti, last night I put in an RX580 and....same issue. Strange!

Has anyone else experienced this? It does seem to be related to video card load, so I'm not sure what to think of this. 

PGibby

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: madvr HDMI audio noise
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 09:48:42 am »

In researching this more, this appears to not specifically be a madvr issue...but possibly a ground issue. I'm going to move some plugs around to different circuits and maybe try some ground loop isolation.

I always thought of a ground loop as a 60hz hum, but looks like some people have been able to fix this with isolation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up