INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: please help  (Read 608 times)

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
please help
« on: December 16, 2018, 03:53:16 pm »

I have the following system :
I have 4 hard drives, one is called audio on one drive, the next one is audio1 and audio2 on another hard drive. One of the drives is crashing and I want to place the data music on one new drive, how can I do this so that media center has the least problems when loading the covers of the cd’s in the data base? I want to put all the flac’s etc.. on one drive. I want to put them all on a 10tb drive.

I now have:
Drive
E:audio     3tb
G:audio1,audio2    3tb
H:audio1a,audio2a      4tb

I am using media center 23

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: please help
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 04:50:45 pm »

Install the 10TB disk in addition to the three 3TB disks you already have. You will need to work out how to do that. If that isn't possible, even using a USB enclosure, ask what to do before you even start.
Assign a drive letter higher up in the alphabet to that drive. I suggest M:. Google how to do that.

Read this: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Rename,_Move,_and_Copy_Files

Read it carefully, three times.
Use it to move you music from the 3TB drives to the 10TB drive.
Start by testing with just one or two Albums. Make sure you understand how it works. How you use it depends greatly on how you have set up your Library, whether you use consistent paths to files on each 3TB disk, and thererfore whether you can just move all files from E:, G:, and H: to M: without changing paths. If that is the case, all you need to use is the Find & Replace feature at the bottom of the RM&CF function.

If in doubt, ask first.

Also, there are lots of threads about moving files to new disks. Search the forum.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

pluto7

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: please help
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 05:57:16 am »

thank you for the info, I will follow the instructions. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up