INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you explain to me how to copy the music (songs only) from a playlist to USB  (Read 563 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I need some help working with "Audio" stuff. I hardly ever use the audio features in MC (I'm into video), so I don't know my way around the MC program regarding this stuff.

I want to copy all the songs from one of my playlists to a USB stick to play in a non-MC system (my AVR). I just want the songs only copied to root directory of the USB stick.

I tried a couple of times but all I can get is the "playlist" exported to a drive and that results in all of the related album folders being copied too with the playlist itself. My AVR wont read a playlist so I just want the songs copied directly (no folders).

My playlist has about 100 songs so, using the copy "one at a time" is not going to work (plus I need to be working from the playlist view to see what is on the list).
What am I missing. Thanks.

blgentry

Go to your handheld options.  You can get there by clicking the options button at the upper right of your handheld screen in MC.

Files Paths & More > Audio Path > (set this to nothing)

By removing the Audio Path "rule", it will put all files in the top level of the handheld/drive you have defined.  I think that will get you what you want.

Brian.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

G'Day CB,

I think Brian has you covered, but the Sync Handheld and Handheld Sync Options Wiki pages are pretty good, and should fill in the detail.

Syncing to a USB drive is like syncing to a hard disk location, and works very reliably, and easily. Much more reliable than sync to esoteric devices.

Enjoy!

PS: You can't stop the Playlists being synced to the USB drive as well as the music files, but if you leave it being placed in a sub-directory your AVR will probably just ignore it, so all good.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up