INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver for Android 24.0.13 -- Available Here  (Read 1407 times)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver for Android 24.0.13 -- Available Here
« on: December 21, 2018, 07:58:07 am »

Preview build 24.0.13 is available on the Play Store
This is a new build of JRiver for Android.  Please post bugs here.

Please use this thread for discussion.

Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Play Store Download
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jriver.mediacenter

24.0.13 (12/20/2018)

1. NEW: The app now runs as a service, which allows it to keep system resources when in the background or sleeping. This will cause more of a drain on batteries if the service is running when the device is asleep.
2. NEW: Added a notification window with some playback control options for when the device is locked or the app is in the background.
3. NEW: Added a quit option to the menu in the action bar that will properly stop Media Center.

24.0.12 (12/14/2018)

1. Fixed: Playing an image to the Player zone would cause a crash.
2. Changed: The device back button will navigate back through the
browser history instead of destroying the task unless it can't go back.
3. Changed: Added the DCIM (camera) folder to the list of import folders.

24.0.11 (12/12/2018)

1. NEW: Added image support.
2. Fixed: The Android output plugin would crash with floating point PCM data.

24.0.10 (12/11/2018)

1. NEW: Added support for Android TV devices.

24.0.9 (12/10/2018)

1.  Fixed one crash.

24.0.8 (12/7/2018)

1.  APE files now play.

24.0.7 (12/6/2018)

1. Fixed: Seek was not working when playing to the player or other zones.
2. Fixed: The UI was not getting restored on rotation and during other state changes on some versions of Android.

24.0.6 (12/5/2018)

1. Changed: DLNA: explicitly supply the library server (Panel) port with the presentation page URL for our DLNA renderers and servers.
2. Fixed: DLNA when authentication was enabled, the DeviceDescription.xml for Library Server couldn't be loaded on a remote MC. This means that if the server wasn't manually setup on the remote for authentication is might now show up in the server list.
3. Changed: JRiver for Android will open Panel in an embedded browser in the app instead of an external browser.
4. NEW: Implemented an audio output plugin.
5. Fixed: DLNA devices were being propagated properly because the MAC addresses weren't being used.

24.0.5 (12/4/2018)

1. Fixed: Possible fix for the crashes on some Android versions.

24.0.4 (11/30/2018)

1. Changed: Updated the app to target the latest SDK.
2. Changed: Added permissions check when the app first starts.
3. Changed: The displayed name of the app is now just "JRiver".

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver for Android 24.0.13 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 10:59:05 am »

24.0.13 (12/20/2018)

1. NEW: The app now runs as a service, which allows it to keep system resources when in the background or sleeping. This will cause more of a drain on batteries if the service is running when the device is asleep.
2. NEW: Added a notification window with some playback control options for when the device is locked or the app is in the background.
3. NEW: Added a quit option to the menu in the action bar that will properly stop Media Center.

The stuttering issue has been fixed with the addition of the notification window or the service, not sure which.  Just in time for my Christmas travel.  Thanks!

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 11:25:00 am »

Skipping / Stopping playback issue seems to have been fixed  :).  Now playing to a Windows MC DNLA zone.  Played about 20 tracks without issues (never could play more than 3 or 4 before).  Haven't tried IDPI zone yet.

Looking forward to playlist support.  Then I can really get into testing and using this.

One oddity with .13.  Upon opening the app I get two notification tones.  Maybe they are tied to the new notification icon.  Not sure if you intended to play the tone.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 02:07:03 pm »

so upon updating to .13 a error came up ...how can i tell what version I have...thanks

EDIT: I see in the app store it tells me last updated to .13
is there a place to look in the actual app?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 06:56:38 pm »

Not yet.

apgood

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 09:06:17 pm »

Just installed the 24.0.14 update on Mi Max 3 from app store and it's working now.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 09:10:10 pm »

Just installed the 24.0.14 update on Mi Max 3 from app store and it's working now.
Good news.  Thanks for reporting.

Rives

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2018, 03:04:44 pm »

I have a Sony Walkman ZX2, but when I tried to buy the app it notified me that it's not compatible with this device.  It's compatible with a very old tablet and my relatively new phone--so a broad band of Android OS.

Any ideas why it's not compatible and when it might be compatible?  The Sony ZX2 is a great sounding player, but I have to say their music player GUI is pretty limited.  Not nearly as good as JRiver.  Would really like to have JRiver on it.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 04:46:23 pm »

I just moved some more FLACs over to my phone and have an album that seems to have been screwed up. 

I previously only had part of the album on my phone (12 tracks).  I just deleted the contents of my Music folder and added a bunch of other music.  This was the only album that was there before and then added over again.  I added all of the tracks (21).  When I open JRiver, it doesn't show the cover art (which I don't believe it had before).  It shows with a 12 in the upper right corner, not 21.  When I open the album, it flashes around a lot, with the word Loading... where the tracks should be.  The bottom of JRiver shows the last track I played, but it flashes a lot. 

I'm assuming I can fix this by clearing the cache, bu wondering if there was anything else you'd want from a troubleshooting perspective.  Thanks!

Edit: after waiting, or closing and reopening, or both, this fixed itself.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2018, 08:41:11 pm »

This works, but the app stays open in the open apps view (whatever it's called).  Not sure if that's something you can control.  It would also be helpful to do this from the notification.

Also, with the added JRiver banner, the 6 tiles no longer fit perfectly in the screen.  They used to, but perhaps that was just luck.  Now there's about 1/4" of scroll.  Can this whole sub-menu be moved to the gear icon?  It's a bit awkward having two rows of controls up top.

dpluigi

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 12:37:54 pm »

I purchase the license for MC24 PC, is the app for Android a separate purchase on the App store or is/will it be included?

Thank you,
Donat

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2018, 12:42:35 pm »

It's separate.
Pages: [1]   Go Up