INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One more try to get help on Radio Swiss Jazz  (Read 1196 times)

tbng

• World Citizen
One more try to get help on Radio Swiss Jazz
« on: December 22, 2018, 07:40:06 am »

I have posted several times on the failure of Radio Swiss Jazz ever to operate and cannot get a response beyond "it works for me."  Since the inclusion of streaming in MC, RSJ has never worked for me in any version through and including v.71.  Meanwhile, Radio Swiss Classic has always worked.  Here is what I do play RSC which I presume is the same process for RSJ given that the screens are identical except for color:

1. I click up Radio Swiss Classic icon in MC
2. I click on "Start the Radio"
3. A box appears that gives me the options of "Play Stream," "Add Stream to Web Media," and "Record Stream for n minutes."
4. I select "Play Stream," click OK, and the music starts every time.

I click on the Radio Swiss Jazz icon to attempt the same process, but nothing happens when I click "Start the radio."  No box appears.  Holding down the CTRL key (per instructions seen in the box in RSC) has no effect.

Please, someone tell me how to correct this.  Since I can stream 4k videos without issue and operate other streaming service from within MC, I am going to presume that neither my network nor Internet connection is at fault.

swiv3d

Re: One more try to get help on Radio Swiss Jazz
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 04:14:49 pm »

I have reported the non-functioning ctrl key option and hopefully someone will look at it. The only reason I can see for the lack of RSJ not playing would be that previously you have selected one of the non playback options and selected the keep using this answer box. Until the crtl +link option works it is hard to see how you would correct this.
EDIT: Can't find anything relevant in the registry. Removing streaming, restarting mc then adding streaming back doesn't work, removing the link address, restarting mc and then adding the link back in has no effect. Reset all confirmation messages selected and restarting MC has no effect. I'm not going to the extreme of removing MC and reinstalling!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 07:41:46 pm »

I think you got a lot of information back on this thread: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,118054.msg817030.html#msg817030

But you didn't provide much feedback to comments. Specifically, did you try this?
Anyway, to get Radio Swiss Jazz playing, given the above issues, click on the headphone icon to the right of the highlighted track, which has a tooltip of "Hear Extract". Let that play, and when it finishes (if it does - it might just keep going playing the programme), click the "Start the radio" button. That worked for me, but as I said above, it isn't playing through the MC audio engine.

That is, did you hear any music when you clicked the "Hear Extract" icon? It takes a couple of seconds to start, and plays for about 30 seconds.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 05:45:18 am »

For me both of Swiss channels are played through browser when I press "Start The Radio" (MC 24.0.71 64bit)

tbng

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 09:35:09 am »

Been away for awhile and just now returning.  Again I am attempting to play Radio Swiss Jazz with virtually zero success.  The "virtual" part is that I can get sound for a brief period when I click on HEAR EXTRACT icon beside a given selection, but that is the total sound I have ever heard from Radio Swiss Jazz.  It will not play when I click START THE RADIO, not if I wait thirty seconds or thirty minutes.  Meanwhile, Radio Swiss Classic has always worked.  I am now on v.74 (64 bit), but RSJ has never worked on any release.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 06:44:22 pm »

The issue with Radio Swiss Jazz has been addressed. It works the same as Radio Swiss Classic now.

The improvement will be available in a future public release of MC.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up