INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analyze Audio  (Read 1148 times)

Wull

• World Citizen
Analyze Audio
« on: December 23, 2018, 03:40:44 am »

I have quite a lot of movie files that I would like to analyze. My problem is when I try to analyze these files I'm told 'there are no files that require analysis'. However I'm sure they haven't been analyed. The reason I think this is because I see 0dB adjustment to 'volume levelling' in the audio path for all these files. If I 'un check' 'skip analyzed files' then run the 'analyze,' the 'volume levelling' in the audio path shows a different dB adjustment than the original 0dB.

Is there away I can 'un check - skip analyzed'' files for the ones I know haven't been but JR thinks have without having to analyze all my files?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Analyze Audio
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 03:50:26 am »

The analysis dialog does have an option to "Skip analysed files" which is checked by default so uncheck that and the file status should change from Done to Queued

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 04:10:34 am »

Is there away I can 'un check - skip analyzed'' files for the ones I know haven't been but JR thinks have without having to analyze all my files?
You can make a Smartilist or view which only contains not analyzed files

Rule could be for example like this (Add Smartlist >> Import / Export >> paste below example rule)
[Media Type]=[Video] [Dynamic Range (DR)]=[] [=ismissing()]=0

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 04:16:42 am »

The analysis dialog does have an option to "Skip analysed files" which is checked by default so uncheck that and the file status should change from Done to Queued

Yep, seen this Matt. But I cant use 'skip analyze files' as JR think's all my files have been, so it skips all. So unless I 'uncheck' and leave my PC on 24/7 until completed I see no other way.

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 04:17:54 am »

Thanks lepa. I'll give this ago.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 04:41:06 am »

Yep, seen this Matt. But I cant use 'skip anaylayes files' as JR think's all my files have been, so it skips all. So unless I 'uncheck' and leave my PC on 24/7 until completed I see no other way.
You can do them one at a time. If MC already thinks they are analysed then I would not expect a smartlist to work. Can you show the relevant tag values for one of the files?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 05:23:46 am »

You can do them one at a time. If MC already thinks they are analysed then I would not expect a smartlist to work. Can you show the relevant tag values for one of the files?
DR field in the Wull's picture seem to be empty for skipped files so if this is case for all the videos Wull would like to (re)analyze then the smartlist should do. In that case also "skip analyzed files" could be unchecked and it would only analyze the smartlist filtered files and not all the videos in the library.

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 05:24:22 am »

I think I may also be able to delete 'remove from library' the files that have been analysed. Then import these back in later once complete.

Attached Tag pics. One that has been analysed and one that says it has been yet hasn't.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 05:29:14 am »

Only one pic attached

I am not sure which field(s) jriver looks at to consider it analysed. If you manually analyse one of those files, does it analyse it?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2018, 05:35:19 am »

I would just do the smartlist or view. You could use that also later on to check if there are any not analyzed videos in your library

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 06:19:40 am »

If you manually analyse one of those files, does it analyse it?

Yes it does. Id just rather do a few files at a time/day. i.e leave it running whist i'm at work

I would just do the smartlist or view. You could use that also later on to check if there are any not analyzed videos in your library

I've made a play list. This appears to be working.

Thanks for all the advice  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up