INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New receiver. Outputting correct channels?  (Read 1535 times)

Z0001

• Citizen of the Universe
New receiver. Outputting correct channels?
« on: December 23, 2018, 04:23:18 pm »

Hi

I have just hooked up a new Yamaha RX-A3080 receiver to my HTPC. MC sounds great and its really straight forward to tweak. I set 2 zones in MC one for listening to stereo (set as 2.1 no upmixing in the DSP) and one for watching video (set as 5.1 as I have a 5.1 set up). If a movie is more than 5.1 does MC downmix?

My connection is HDMI from an AMD R9 270.

Netflix seems to be using all 5.1, but I really don't know how to tell.

Spotify comes out of all speakers, which is wrong as at most this should be stereo.

There are no settings on Spotify or Netflix that can be changed to fix or test this.

Do I need to effect a setting on the PC to ensure the correct channels in the source are sent to the receiver?

Or is this a receiver setting that I need to make?

Thanks all!
Z

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: New receiver. Outputting correct channels?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 07:30:26 pm »

Look at the MC Audio Path to see what it is doing for different sources.

You must be using the WDM for Spotify and Netflix if you are getting sound through MC. Otherwise those Apps are just playing to your default Windows audio device, and Windows is probably upmixing to 5.1. Check the setting on your Windows audio device, or implement the MC WDM driver.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Z0001

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 10:31:59 pm »

Wow. Is it possible to play Spotify and Netflix through MC? I need to know how to do that!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 11:59:34 pm »

?

If you aren't using the JRiver WDM Driver to play audio from Spotify and Netflix through MC, why are you asking in the JRiver forum about how Spotify and Netflix play audio?

No, you can't play Netflix video thought MC. But a search of the forum will elucidate the topic admirably.

Yes, you can play Netflix audio through MC using the WDM Driver.

Yes, you can play Spotify audio through MC using the WDM Driver.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Z0001

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 06:55:38 am »

I thought this was a general HTPC discussion forum around the AVR and speaker performance as well as JRiver specific questions, sorry if not.

Really helpful advice, lots to look into - what the AVR does, what the computer is doing, windows, and JRiver plus other apps … knowing what settings = intended playback … learning all the time thanks mostly to this community.

Going to play with lipsync next

Thanks all
Z
Pages: [1]   Go Up