INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Disable space key from starting play back?  (Read 1097 times)

sking29

• Recent member
How to Disable space key from starting play back?
« on: December 25, 2018, 03:46:59 pm »

I'd like to disable the space key from starting play back.  I've set 'Media Key Mode" to Disabled but this is not changing the behavior.  JRiver is very highly customizable so I'm sure I'm missing something.  How can this be done?  Thanks.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to Disable space key from starting play back?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 04:25:42 pm »

Search for Resource.xml in the MC installation directories, the forum, and the Wiki. It is a file. Hot keys are defined in there. Back up the original. There is a learning curve.

But really, Spacebar should only Play/Pause at appropriate times, not, for example, while you are trying to type something. Are you really sure you want to disable it?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

sking29

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 04:41:38 pm »

Roderick,  Thanks very much.  I never use the hot keys so there's no disadvantage to me for disabling.  It interferes when I inadvertantly press the space key and the JRiver window is on top...something somewhere in my house starts playing....inadvertantly.  Is there any way to simply disable the hot keys completely?  What does the 'Media Key Mode' setting do?  Thank you.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 05:21:01 pm »

The "Media Key Mode" setting just manages the Windows media keys on a keyboard: Play/Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Volume buttons.

Hot Keys are much more extensive and include key combinations equivalent to the Media Keys above. Such as Ctrl+S is Stop. These: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Keyboard_Hot-keys

I don't know of any way to simply disable the Hot Keys completely. I would suggest you don't do that. But it would be easy enough to disable the Space functionality. Just comment out the line;
<Entry Key="Space" Command="10000" Param="-1" TranslateFlags="401" />
in the Resource.xml file for the MC installation.

So that would look like;
<!-- <Entry Key="Space" Command="10000" Param="-1" TranslateFlags="401" /> -->
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

sking29

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 05:58:31 pm »

Voila!  Super helpful.  Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up