INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using OPPO205  (Read 708 times)

hipp

Using OPPO205
« on: December 26, 2018, 08:58:22 am »

Hi
I have been working and successfully playing JRiver from my Windows 10 computer  through the OPP205 for over 2 years.
However I have now purchased a new Windows 10 computer. installed JRiver and the following occurs:

The tracks all play perfectly through the computer attached speakers via "player" which uses  the onboard audio Realtek system.
BUT when connecting to the OPPO205, the track highlights, and after a second just skips to the next track as if it cannot find the music file.

All my settings in the old computer are the same as I have set in the new computer. The Old computer still works perfectly through the OPP205 when I switch the network to the old one.

On the new one I can see the OPPO205 and everything looks good.

Also when accessing the JRiver MC from the OPPO205, the Flac files and / or DSF files are showing as MP3 files which is odd and they don't play either. When I reattach the old computer, those files show correctly as flac and / or DSF files and play.

Any ideas? Is it a sharing issue?

Thanks

Howard

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: Using OPPO205
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 09:56:13 am »

The fact the files are presented as MP3 makes me think the settings in the DLNA server are not set correctly.

Check in Tools>Options>Media Network>...Add or Configure DLNA Servers> Select your server >Look under Audio and check if it set as Mode:Original.

hipp

Re: Using OPPO205
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 03:20:29 pm »

I did what you suggested and that fixed it. Thank you very much for both the quick response and the perfect solution 😁

Howard
Pages: [1]   Go Up