INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver not seeing Synology NAS  (Read 1455 times)

jjkale

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver not seeing Synology NAS
« on: December 28, 2018, 11:03:33 am »

Hello,
MC crashed after I downloaded a JR update this morning.
I followed the reset instructions (Saving the libraries and reinstalling, etc.) but that did not work.
So I decided to just uninstall/reinstall everything. Of course, I lost everything, especially the parametric settings.
All my media files are stored on a wired Synology NAS.
I have now reinstalled the latest version of MC (Windows) but JR does not see the Synology.
The media computer which serves as the player (not what I am writing from) does see the Synology and in fact I can play files with JRiver when they are selected individually through the Synology.
But I can not import to JR...when I use the browse function, JR does not see the Synology files.
If I anyone can offer some help, thanks very much.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: JRiver not seeing Synology NAS
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 11:45:43 am »

Have you tried typing the exact path "\\YOURNAS\media folder\" when adding an import location.  Seems like I had this problem with my Synology after a windows update (where they disabled ore removed SMB1).

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver not seeing Synology NAS
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 05:31:17 pm »

Why are you talking about importing stuff into JRiver MC? Don't do that, unless you have added new stuff. Just Restore a Library Backup and you will get all your stuff back including the Parametric settings.

MC automatically makes Library Backups, so you will have a recent one on your PC.

Read this: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114852.0.html to get your Synology back first, then do the Restore.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up