INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linear phase crossover with plug in  (Read 1008 times)

stevo1212

• Recent member
Linear phase crossover with plug in
« on: December 29, 2018, 02:21:07 am »

I am trying to set up a linear phase 4 way crossover with fab filter pro 3.  Since the source is stereo I have set up the parametric equalizer mixer to convert stereo into 7.1 with individual volume and delay and it works with my sound card.  I don't want to use the eq inside the parametric equalizer to set up the crossover because it isn't linear phase.  Is there a way to either insert an instance of fab filter into the four created streams or insert it after the 7.1 creation in the mixer as a single instance can process a 7.1 source?

Thanks in advance for any help.

stevo1212

• Recent member
Re: Linear phase crossover with plug in
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 02:26:59 pm »

Update

I am now sending via ASIO to Reaper copying the stereo audio to 8 tracks and applying the crossover via fab filter plug ins.  All works yeah! A second zone in jriver feeds a lynx card for the sub output.  I can link the two zones so they play the same thing but the volume control doesn’t link.  I can control each individually setting them to internal but there doesn’t seem to be the ability for a single volume control to run them both.

Does anyone have a suggestion to be able to link the volume of multiple zones to a single control?  Does this possibly  work with remote?

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Linear phase crossover with plug in
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 02:45:35 pm »

you can use the convolver under DSP-studio.

This is linear-phase. Filter desing can be made by acourate (www.audiovero.de) or other software.

I tried it once for a 4-way crossover (Linkwitz LX521.4). It works.
However I use acourateconvolver (www.audiovero.de) in combination with JRiver, a                                                                                        much more flexible solution.

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up