INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Losing theater view settings and guide data  (Read 894 times)

1maynard

• World Citizen
Losing theater view settings and guide data
« on: December 30, 2018, 08:22:59 am »

For the past month I have been having an issue with MC changing some of my Theater view settings. I have font size at 12 and bold.
what happens is I will start MC and will have no guide data and the font size will be back at 8. I have checked all of my settings and can see no way this should be happening. I am on version 72 but this was happening with the previous versions. Wondering if a Microsoft update could have started this? I have defender firewall set to allow all MC functions through.
Any body else have this happen?
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

jason3

• Recent member
Re: Losing theater view settings and guide data
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 12:40:25 pm »

I had something similar happen yesterday, but not sure what caused it.  I was trying to get my new mediacenter remote working again and found that the setting had been unchecked for some reason.  It was working fine at first.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 01:50:24 pm »

Wondering if a Microsoft update could have started this?

Yes.

I have seen a Microsoft update indirectly change the font in MC because it updated the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" "Scale and layout" Display setting in Windows. There may have been something changed in the graphics driver as well, that needed to be reset.

Check those settings, re-apply them, and see if the problem goes away.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 05:56:59 pm »

Yes.

I have seen a Microsoft update indirectly change the font in MC because it updated the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" "Scale and layout" Display setting in Windows. There may have been something changed in the graphics driver as well, that needed to be reset.

Check those settings, re-apply them, and see if the problem goes away.

Thanks, I will look into those settings. Thanks. It seems to change the fonts every time I stop using MC. I do not shut down the PC or put it to sleep. It is always on. I changed the settings this morning and when I started it back up tonight the font size had changed again. I will check it out in the morning.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 09:55:03 pm »

Is this a client, or server?  Some settings will push from the server, so you change the setting on the client, and it will 'stick' until you restart JRiver, at which point it will revert to whatever the server settings are.

I am not sure that font size would fall into that category, but worth clarifying.

1maynard

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 06:16:43 pm »

I am using my HTPC as both the client and server at this time. Maybe that is my problem. Tomorrow I hope to have some time to look into some of the issues I have been having. Part of the issues could be I am still using my old HTPC because I have not had the time to dedicate to getting the new one up and running. Seems like every time Microsoft does one of their major updates it takes about six months to get everything working again. I really wish they would stop trying to force us to use our computers the way they think we need to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up