INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FLAC files appear as .mp3  (Read 1567 times)

racheever

FLAC files appear as .mp3
« on: January 06, 2019, 05:45:27 pm »

i am running MC 24.0.69 and streaming files through an Oppo UHD-205 through a wired network with the files stored on a NAS.   When i navigate to .FLAC files through JRiver, the files appear as .mp3.  I also have Plex running on the NAS, and if i navigate through Plex, the files correctly show as .flac files.  Is there something in the output settings in JRiver that could be converting the files?  Or does JRiver not pass that metadata through to to the Oppo?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: FLAC files appear as .mp3
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 06:14:18 pm »

If you are viewing files on the JRiver MC Server using the Oppo, it will be via DLNA. By default, unless you change it, DLNA will convert to mp3 files. Tell MC not to do that.

"Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers... > Audio > Mode", set it to "Original"

If the Oppo doesn't play all file formats, and you have a mix, set it to "Specified ouptu format only when necessary", then specify the output format required, then under Advanced specify which formats need to be converted.
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DLNA#Advanced_DLNA_settings

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

racheever

Re: FLAC files appear as .mp3
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 06:57:04 pm »

Thank you.  That worked like a charm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up