INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating new folders in MC  (Read 900 times)

DONUSA

• Recent member
Creating new folders in MC
« on: January 09, 2019, 09:10:44 am »

I have two copies of most music (one MP3 and one lossless) all together in the same folder.  In Theater View I see every song twice.  (I keep MP3 for mobile devices and lossless for my home HiFi system).  I manage my music on one PC and playback is on a different HTPC using Theater View;  both connected to the same network storage with the music on it.    My idea is to separate the two file types into different folders.

e.g. \Audio\HD Music  and \Audio\MP3 Music. 

Then I'd set up MC on the HTPC so it would only see the library for \Audio\HD Music.   Is this the best way?  If so, how do I best create the new folder?  In MC I look at the Files hierarchy and right click on the folder I want to create a new folder in, but that isn't an option.  Is it safe to do it in Windows Explorer or should I make all changes from within MC? 

swiv3d

Re: Creating new folders in MC
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 09:45:08 am »

You should be able to modify your library view so that it only shows the flac files.

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Creating new folders in MC
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 09:53:58 am »

You can customise the Theatre Views to include/exclude files as necessary. This was the fist link I found
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103854.0

There's no real need to move the files. . . . Although having them separate is handy if you want to just copy them to another (mobile) device. I tend just keep FLAC files and convert/export them to MP3s when I want files for the car/mobile etc.

Spike
Pages: [1]   Go Up