INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to View 'major' Composers (with more than 10 albums for instance)  (Read 964 times)

Philippe Mtl

• Recent member

Hello,

I have a customized view showing Composers/Genre/Albums with Alphabet details on.

Still, as there are about 1000 Composers in the library and I we often navigate the library with Gizmo that has no Alphabet support, I wondered if it would be possible to show 2 composers views: one with those for whom we have more that 10 albums or 100 tracks for instance, and one with the other composers.

Perhaps through a GroupCount() based Expression?

Thanks

- Philippe

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to View 'major' Composers (with more than 10 albums for instance)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 10:09:44 am »

I 'm not sure in the expression language but its easy as a view, set Composer , Any in, then you get a list with check boxes

simply select your top 10

add whatever else to the view

i ha e 2 views, Composers and Composers (all)

Philippe Mtl

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 10:49:16 am »

A static list of our Top 10 composers would be a nice and easy workaround indeed.

Thank you Mike!

- Philippe

BillT

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 11:46:04 am »

It's certainly possible to make a view scheme to view composers alphabetically on Gizmo (or Panel as it's now called).

I have a Composer-work view which lists all composers, grouped alphabetically which allows quick access to any work by any composer and can be used on JRemote/Gizmo/Panel by adding the scheme to the Customise view option in Media Network.

Philippe Mtl

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 12:20:48 pm »

Thank you again Bill

I have implemented ClassicalComposer/Genre/Albums customized views based on limited Genres (all except Pop and Jazz for instance) though MC expression language but the main issue I see is that Gizmo/JRemote and even panel do not show customized views, so whatever one does on the MC24 side doesn't help...

Had a look at Smartlists but it doesn't help as I would need to navigate them.

Perhaps with MC25 ;) In the meantime I will investigate the MinimServer / MC24 interface

Cheers,

- Philippe

P.S.  About Gizmo, I was just mentioning that the ABCD... top row that helps going directly to composers starting with M for instance does not show on Gizmo (at least on my Android phone)

swiv3d

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 12:39:15 pm »

Gizmo won't show alphabetic choices as far as I am aware. BillT is confusing Gizmo with Panel which does show alphabetic choices. You might try using Panel which works in a web browser on your phone it will link to your MC server and do what you seem to want.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115638.0.html

Philippe Mtl

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 12:56:26 pm »

will have a look at Panel.

thank you

BillT

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 01:38:59 pm »

It's true that I'd forgotten about the Gizmo app and was just thinking of Web Gizmo. However my method works just as well with the Gizmo app as it uses the same customised views as JRemote, Panel and WebGizmo used to do. (I've just tried it on the Gizmo app.)

swiv3d

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 02:11:18 pm »

Apologies BillT I inadvertently had gizmo link to a version of MC which hadn't had the views set up for devices.
Pages: [1]   Go Up