INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License Help  (Read 2747 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
License Help
« on: January 10, 2019, 08:13:10 am »

We've begun issuing MC25 licenses now.  MC25 isn't available yet.  Early builds will be available on the forum about April 1 and we will let you know.  In the meantime, the license will work with recent builds of MC24.

If you purchased a new license or an upgrade license after December 14, you received an MC25 license.

If you have any questions, please ask here.  Please read this first:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

G Tiemessen

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: License Help
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 11:00:29 am »

Hello Jim
I bought MC25 today but i loss de registration code ,is it possible to sent me a new one.
The MJR file is saved.
My email adres is [removed by JimH]

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 11:11:40 am »

You can recover it.  Please read this:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

SonicYouth

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 12:59:42 am »

I just purchased upgrade to MC25. Now I'm curious about the new feature(s). Can you at least give us a hint? ;D

John Buchanan

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 05:24:48 am »

Hi,
it appears that I have accidentally "upgraded" my Media Center 24 Master licence with a Media Center 25 Windows upgrade. How can I change that upgrade to a MC25 Master? Can someone help please?

John Buchanan

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 05:28:51 am »

PS, I'm quite happy to pay the difference between the cost of the 2 licences.

Bebop0502

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 04:55:30 am »

I had to buy a new laptop. I downloaded JRiver v24 again on this one which worked out fine. I then got a free trial period but I sent in my registration at once and got an OK message.

But everytime I start I get a hint saying how many days are left and an option to purchase or send in my license, whis, as said, I already have done.

Is it just how the set up is made and the reminder will disappear after the trial period or something went wrong?

Bebop0502

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 06:12:50 am »

No respons to my license question?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 06:31:06 am »

Download and install the latest build of MC24.

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 04:44:27 pm »

Hello,

I just purchased MC 25 Master License from my MC 24 Master license (for Use on Mac and Windows). I received an email with registration code and an install key .mjr file however the install key only works for Windows, I cannot get it to work on MAC (I even used my MAC computer to do a license restore and have the install key sent to the email on my MAC, but the install key is still an .mjr file and will not work on MAC). Do I need an install key for my MAC (the .mjr file worked on Windows just fine but not on MAC) or can I just copy and paste the Registration code into JRiver MC 24 on the MAC? I just want to be certain that I am registering on the MAC correctly (Windows registration and install key appeared to have worked fine). When I did copy and paste the registration code into JRiver 24 on MAC it accepted it so it seems to have worked, but just wanting to make sure I do not need a install key for MAC like Windows. Thank you for your help!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 04:46:45 pm »

That sounds OK.  We'll let you know when MC25 is available and we'll send instructions then.  Thanks for your purchase.

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 04:54:14 pm »

Thank you Jim for your prompt response and support. I sincerely appreciate it!

Bebop0502

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 04:25:16 am »

Download and install the latest build of MC24.
As I wrote, this is what I did. According to the info on my screen, I'm running a trial period in spite of getting OK on my transfered licence #.

Maybe it is ok as I was able to register and pay for MC25. I just don't want to be out of JRiver once the trial period is over.

gordec

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2019, 02:00:44 pm »

If I'm on 23 right now and  pre-upgrade to 25, can I download 24 and use that while I wait for 25 to be released?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2019, 02:07:23 pm »

Yes.

dmeinl

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 09:44:09 am »

Bought the MC25 license couple days ago. Installed - worked! Today made the Windows October 1809 update, MC says trial expired. Restored now the license 3 times, every time it says license activation was successful. But MC24 remains saying trial is expired. Tried everything from starting as Administrator to command line license registering with the package installer. Every time the same: It says license installed successful, but starting MC24 says trial expired. Please help.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 09:46:16 am »

Bought the MC25 license couple days ago. Installed - worked! Today made the Windows October 1809 update, MC says trial expired. Restored now the license 3 times, every time it says license activation was successful. But MC24 remains saying trial is expired. Tried everything from starting as Administrator to command line license registering with the package installer. Every time the same: It says license installed successful, but starting MC24 says trial expired. Please help.

Make sure you're running the latest v24 because older copies won't work with a v25 license.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dmeinl

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2019, 09:52:17 am »

Did that for sure, running 24.0.74

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 10:00:32 am »

Run MC24 first and check the version under Help.  Read this for more information:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

dmeinl

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 10:12:37 am »

Read that, restored now with my 24 license, the same! The weird thing is, I have a portable version installed on the same machine and this runs without any issue. But the main installation doesn't start at all and quits with the expired dialogue. If I do a restore licence again the dialogue says installing successful but the expired dialogue remains during the license restoring process.

dmeinl

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2019, 11:18:50 am »

Did now a stupid hack: Renamed the original installation folder, installed MC24 new and after several license restores finally the newly installed MC24 opened. Renamed back to the original installation folder and it worked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up