INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to do multiple words in a search list?  (Read 917 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
How to do multiple words in a search list?
« on: January 10, 2019, 05:43:11 pm »

I am trying to make a search list to find all my greatest hits albums in my collection.

I am using the filename (path) string.

Want to do something like.... filename (path) contains Greatest, Best, Anthology, Collection etc etc

The search keeps coming up empty because I cant figure out how to search multiple words, its thinks all of them have to be in the search string and it keeps coming up empty.

What has to be used in the string for multiple words to be searched, do the words have to be separated by commas, colons, brackets, what, I have tried everything and nothing works.

Thanks
TC

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: How to do multiple words in a search list?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 07:30:19 pm »

It would be easier to build a Smartlist or View and set up the "Rules for file display" for what you want, but you can do it using a search as well. Read about it here: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Search_Language

Basically, a search would require;

[Filename (path)]=Greatest OR [Filename (path)]=Best OR [Filename (path)]=Anthology OR [Filename (path)]=Collection

Or the simpler version;
[Filename (path)]=Greatest,Best,Anthology,Collection

That is, the "OR" operator is what you want. But typing all that into the search field can be frustrating. Hence, use a quick Smartlist.

Surprisingly, I have 4082 tracks that meet the above criteria!

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 08:06:47 pm »

Thanks but I am totally lost.

I can get the result I want by typing in [Filename (path)]=Greatest,Best,Anthology,Collection etc etc in to the search box and can save it as a search but I want to be able to click on it as a search list in panes.

How to I get a search into a search list, just not seeing it.

TC

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 08:53:29 pm »

Okay, so you can enter the search criteria, then right-click in the search field and select "Load /Save" then "Save" to save the search, then at any other time right-click in the search field and select "Load /Save" then the name you gave the search to load it again. If you have more than one saved search criteria set, you will see a list of them.

You can load a Panes View and then load the saved search, which effectively gives you a subset of your Library based on the search, and then Panes to refine what you are looking at.

Is that what you mean? Otherwise I don't understand what you mean by "I want to be able to click on it as a search list in panes", or "How to I get a search into a search list, just not seeing it".

You may need to create a custom Panes View to do what you want, but basically what you need to do there depends entirely on how you have tagged tracks and how you store files on your drives. i.e. Folder structure. The possibilities are endless, but I assume that you picked [Filename (path)] because of the way you have named and structured folders. Some people would put some of those example values you used into their own fields, such as for Anthology and Collection. Or they may just use existing fields such a [Keywords] and [Work].

If I'm still getting it wrong, provide more information, or perhaps an image showing an example of what you want from somewhere.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 05:16:30 am »

Yeah, that's exactly what I ended up doing, I only have about 700 albums in my collection, simply went through them and tagged the 190 albums that meet my "greatest hits" criteria using the the keyword tag "gh".

Then I just simply made a search list for keyword = gh and it now shows up in my panes view under search lists, which of course can be easily accessed with just a click.
Pages: [1]   Go Up