INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac DLNA Screensaver?  (Read 661 times)

johnkaess

• Junior Woodchuck
Mac DLNA Screensaver?
« on: January 10, 2019, 07:21:08 pm »

I got a new A/V receiver and I'm using the DLNA server in JRiver Media Center for the first time. I have it set up, and my receiver is connected and allows me full access to choose playlists, artists, albums, etc. The music plays wonderfully and without any problems.

After about 3 minutes or so, a screensaver seems to come on over the display which is showing me the album art, song title, etc. I'm trying to find out where the screen server is coming from. Does the DLNA server produce a screen saver? If not, it's possible that my receiver might be doing it, but i can't find anything in the manual about a creensaver. I've ruled out the TV as the source, so it must be the DLNA server or the receiver.

I'd appreciate any help in tracking this down. I don't want a screen saver to cover up the album and song content which is showing on my TV. If it helps to know, my new receiver is an Onkyo TX-8270.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Mac DLNA Screensaver?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 07:46:18 pm »

With DLNA, the interface is controlled by your receiver.

johnkaess

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Mac DLNA Screensaver?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 08:19:13 pm »

That's what I suspected, but i wanted to confirm it. I've been hunting through the manual for several hours, i've googled my receiver screensaver, all to no avail. Finally, in desperation i decided to just go through every single option on every menu in the on screen set up (there are dozens and dozens) and i finally found an obscure option buried five levels deep for the screensaver, and i turned it off. Problem solved.

Thank you for confirming that it is my receiver controlling the DLNA server and not the other way around. I continue after 2 years, to still discover new things in JRiver Media Center. No regrets at moving from iTunes to JRiver at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up