INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with a search  (Read 527 times)

Efjay

• World Citizen
Need help with a search
« on: January 11, 2019, 09:30:09 am »

I'm looking to create a smartlist that would have all albums that have 7 tracks or fewer. I tried setting the rules for number of tracks is less than or equal to 7 but it still displays my entire library. Any help would be appreciated.

swiv3d

Re: Need help with a search
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 02:35:43 pm »

This will only work if you have the number of tracks actually in the number of tracks field or alternatively in the Total tracks field. You will probably find them to be empty if you look at the relevant tags - hence all of your albums have a value less than 7.

If you want to fill the total tracks (you can't change number of tracks) you can set up a smartlist by clicking on the import/export button and then pasting this into the box

[=save(0,var_number_of_tracks[album artist (auto)][album][file type][bit depth])1]=1 [=save(math(1+load(var_number_of_tracks[album artist (auto)][album][file type][bit depth])),var_number_of_tracks[album artist (auto)][album][file type][bit depth])1]=1 [Media Type]=[Audio] ~sort=[Artist],[Album],[Name]-d,[Media Type],[Album Artist (auto)],[Disc #],[Track #]

then select your files and paste this into the Total tracks column
=load(var_number_of_tracks[album artist (auto)][album][file type][bit depth])

This should fill your album's Total Tracks field with the number of tracks for each album and then you can write a smartlist  selecting for Total Tracks is less than or equal to 7.

Hope this helps.

Efjay

• World Citizen
Re: Need help with a search
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 03:19:21 pm »

Thanks for the response.

I assumed that total tracks would an 'automatic' field generated by JRiver. I'll give what suggested a try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up