INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 7.2 and Windows XP  (Read 1398 times)

Robo

• nothing more to say...
MJ 7.2 and Windows XP
« on: August 17, 2003, 04:57:19 pm »

I recently installed XP and reinstalled MJ 7.2.  Everything appears to work. . . except burning CDs.  Whenever I go to burn a CD, the dialogue window appears for less than a second and then MJ closes by itself.  No error messages.  Nothing.  

Likewise, whenever I select Settings-Options-CD Writer Settings, the same thing happens--a flash of a dialogue window and then MJ closes.

I have installed ASPI 4.71.2 but it didn't help.  Is this "operator error?"  Any other ideas?  Thanks!

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MJ 7.2 and Windows XP
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 04:54:08 am »

it may be conflicting with windows xp built in burner you may need to turn it off.

also in version 7.2 there was a [X] at one point to turn on or off the generic burner or use the goldenhawk burner.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Robo

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 06:09:13 pm »

Thanks.  I finally figured out how to enter msconfig and disable DirectCD.  I also uninstalled MJ7.2, rebooted, and then reinstalled 7.2.  The program still closes instantly.  
During the installation, I did not have an option to turn on or off the generic burner.  Where should I look?  
Also, I downloaded a trial copy of musicmatch. . . it allows me to successfully burn CDs.  But I would prefer to use MJ if I can get the burning function working.
Again, thanks for your help.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 11:56:33 am »

it allows me to successfully burn CDs.  But I would prefer to use MJ if I can get the burning function working.

this is too long ago for me to remember since i have not used MJ7 for over 2 years now.

but under the burner settings there was an option and it also depended if you had the ASPI installed or not.

=============================

I own real (i was a beta tester for them), MusicMatch also but they have there own problems.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up