INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming Services in Theater Mode?  (Read 2103 times)

mrcheesete0

Streaming Services in Theater Mode?
« on: January 13, 2019, 11:05:41 pm »

So I'm tempted to use JRiver as the go-to for an HTPC setup I am about to purchase, and I keep seeing pictures saying Hulu (which is my current main source of TV programming) everywhere, but I can't seem to get anything to work. I did see the info about the fact that since Hulu used to work via API any new webpage with a name "Hulu" gets screened to the now-non-existent API, so I made a webpage on Theater View Called "Hulu Integration".

First try, it said that my browser was unsupported (why oh why must IE suck so bad), so I switched it to chromium, and not I can't get past the Hulu-Location Services Required wall. I can't seem to figure out how to share my location through JRiver MC Chromium to Hulu.

Is it completely impossible to do so?

Basically, since older smart TVs (older than 2018/2019 models, and only certain brands at that) can't support Dolby Atmos output from their smart TV apps, I am trying to find a solution to route Atmos-Quality sound through my receiver. So far, the best I can find is to use an Xbox One X, but not all of my video services support 4k/Dolby Atmos through their Xbox One apps/don't have Xbox One Apps (Current services I use regularly: Hulu, Netflix, Google Play Movies).

I'm trying to find an elegant solution to get 4K video, Atmos Audio, and the use of all the apps that support as much, in an interface that works well on a TV (as your wiki calls it, a 10-foot interface or Theater View)

If I have to, I'll sacrifice the 10-foot interface capability and use logitech's wireless keyboard/trackpad as a HTPC input device, but I still can't quite find the capability I am looking for. I thought JRiver would be the service, so I downloaded the trial software and can't get it to work well.

1maynard

• World Citizen
Re: Streaming Services in Theater Mode?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 08:42:54 am »

If you get this working please let us know. I too am interested in accessing streaming services directly from the Theater View interface. I have searched but have had no luck.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 09:13:32 am »

You may be able to do it by saving a stream to a playlist.

mrcheesete0

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 11:52:14 am »

how would I go about trying to do that? If I can get it to work that would be awesome

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 02:02:57 pm »

Play a stream, right click on it in Playing Now, and save it as a playlist.

Spike1000

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 02:40:41 pm »

You may be able to do it by saving a stream to a playlist.

MC should really have prepared links/documentation to what/how MC can integrate with 3rd party streaming services. What can be done and how to do it as well as what's not possible. It would be a great selling point for users to follow instructions rather than trying to individually reinvent the wheel and try and work out what's possible for themselves.

Netflix, Amazon Prime, Spotify, You Tube, You Tube/TV, Other music streaming services that I can't remember the name of (one had driver issues that were resolved with an updated install from the streaming supplier), etc etc.

Spike

gpelts

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 09:12:48 am »

Is it possible to set up Amazon Video, Hulu or Netflix to somehow play within JR MC v. 26, either via webpage integration, or preferably to use the JR MC's media player?
Pages: [1]   Go Up