INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing "Sort by" several layers deep  (Read 504 times)

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
Changing "Sort by" several layers deep
« on: January 16, 2019, 08:33:14 am »

Changing the "Sort by" value several levels deep into a view sends you back to the top level of the view.

I have a custom view that displays a list of composers, sorted by name. When I hover over a composer thumbnail I can select to drill down by Genre, Work, or Album. So I might, for example, select a subview containing everything by Beethoven, grouped by Genre. In this view I see groups like "Ballet", "Opera", "Piano", "Symphonic". When I hover over a group I can select to drill down by Work or Album. For this example I click Work, and I'm taken to a third level view where I see Beethoven's piano works, grouped by work, sorted alphabetically by default. What I'd like to do is change the sort to Random so I can select a random piano sonata by choosing the first on the list. However, when I change the Sort By from "default" to "Random", I get sent back to the top level view (Composer). The Composer view is still sorted alphabetically (which is good), as is the Genres subview, and when I finally get to the next level down, Piano works, it is now sorted randomly, which is what I wanted. However, I would prefer to have MC stay at this subview when I change the sort, rather than send me back to the top level.

I would also find it really handy to have a hotkey that resorts the current display randomly but without sticking (ie it does not change the "Sort By" definition).
Pages: [1]   Go Up