INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clarity on how core command 22001 (MCC_THEATER_VIEW) works  (Read 1007 times)

jb82

• Junior Woodchuck
Clarity on how core command 22001 (MCC_THEATER_VIEW) works
« on: January 16, 2019, 02:16:42 pm »

MCC 22001 MCC_THEATER_VIEW has 0-10 valid parameters. I have been able to use 2 and 9 successfully (playing now and TV guide respectively) but others, like Audio and TV Recordings, just go to an erroneous item on my Theatre View homepage.

I have made extensive changes to my Theatre View menus (i.e. changing Items to Show) so do some of these only work for the original theatre view layout? If not, how do I associate them with my menu items - what exactly is MC looking for when executing the command for the different parameters?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Clarity on how core command 22001 (MCC_THEATER_VIEW) works
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 05:48:34 pm »

A lot of those commands only work with the original menu layout. There have been requests to make the system flexible to account for customisations, but so far that hasn't been done.

I have never worked out exactly how the current system works, particularly when driven by an Infrared Remote. But I think it uses item Names rather than position.

The only way you will make progress is by using trial and error. See what menu locations you end up at when using the commands. Maybe then you can translate the command to the outcome. I gave up a while back because of issues in the middle due to the IR commands used, and the ability to program my Harmony remote with appropriate commands. I may get back to it at some stage.

Share your findings, if you go ahead.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 10:20:36 pm »

For the basic, Audio, Photo, Movie locations, I used Autohotkey...

22001, 0 always lands on Theater View homepage, with the menu set to the top or left, depending on the skin you're using.

I made use of this by creating a script that drops from theater view to standard, then back to theater view, followed by the correct number and direction of cursor keys required to get me where I wanted to be.

For example, here's "Movies"...
Code: [Select]
Run mc25.exe /Mode Standard
Sleep 40
Run mc25.exe /MCC 22001,0
Sleep 1000
Sendinput {Right 3}
Sendinput {Down}
Sendinput {Right 2}
Sendinput {Enter}
I had to play around with the sleep values as my old HTPC couldn't keep up. You should be able to get it to fire all of those instructions from a button on the remote, and all you should see on screen is that it goes black for about a half second (yes, it's in and out of standard view before it's had a chance to draw on screen :)), then shows the requested location. I compiled the AHK scripts, so the button press simply calls the correct exe file.

-marko

jb82

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 06:25:09 pm »

Thanks both for the suggestions.

I tried renaming the item to TV Recordings but it made no difference so still a mystery  :o Be nice if someone could confirm how this command works and demystify it for us all :-)....

I might resort to hotkey/eventghost although it would be nice to use the built in command if possible. TV Guide and Display work perfectly.

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 03:17:56 am »

Hi,

I agree with the OP. We really need more clarity and in fact I would say an overhaul of Theater View in general. It hasn't been updated in ages compared to other parts of MC. Skins, plugins etc.

Theater View is an important part of MC and it just seems to have been lost in time where development is.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up