INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turtle Beach SC card and Logitech 560z advice?  (Read 1251 times)

Chasoscar

• World Citizen
  • Being is Important......... being important is not
Turtle Beach SC card and Logitech 560z advice?
« on: May 26, 2003, 12:29:20 am »

I have been trying for a couple of weeks to get this pair setup. I wont go into everything that I have tried but I have run out of options and hope someone here might be able to help. Actually I am really impressed with the sound that I am getting but I can tell that something is missing. On a lot of the songs the vocals sound like they are not coming thru correctly, almost like they are off in the distance or coming from down in a well. I know that the files are good because I can hear those vocals fine when played on my iPod. The 560's come with a connection that goes to the sound card with 2 mini jacks(one black, one green). From what I understand if you have a two speaker sound card  you only need to use the green jack for the two speakers, but the Logitech 560's are a 4 speaker setup with an additional sub-woofer and the Santa Cruz card(supposedly a nice card) has the inputs for 4 speakers(plus a bunch more for other stuff). I have tried every combination of setups to get the black jack to work but have been unsuccessful. Also when I go into DSP studio and try to use the 4 speaker option, if I close the window and then immediately reopen it, it reverts back to the two speaker option. I am also unsure of what options I should use for the other settings(i.e. bit dept and sample rate) for the best possible sound. I have updated the sound card drivers to the latest version. If anyone has this combination of hardware or any ideas of what I might try............... Well, any help  would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx............. Charlie
XP pro/Soyo Dragon k7v-Plus mobo/512mb pc2100 ddr/xp1700
Pages: [1]   Go Up