INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error Message  (Read 687 times)

tterrag

• Recent member
Error Message
« on: January 17, 2019, 02:23:34 pm »

I have a new computer.   I have MC 24 loaded on a SD disc along with all my music  and all was well for 3 or 4 days. 
Today I have error message that it is not performing or loading or working because
1.  Program is running under a different acct.      Unless it is the one that has crashed sitting in an Ohio landfill - that would be the only other account and I cannot delete it from that pc.
2.  Startup -  I checked  it is not on startup
3.  Unknown reason?   Well, that's what I don't understand.

I have restarted several times - with the same result.   
Do you know the unknown reason?  If so, can you tell me what to do.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Error Message
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 06:38:32 pm »

Did you have a previous version of MC on this PC? Which version?

The most likely scenario is that the previous version, if there is one, is still set to start with Windows. If you did the upgrade to MC24 but didn't reboot the PC more than once, MC24 could run well for 3 or 4 days without the older version being started. If, for example, the PC was just sleeping rather than being shut down at night.

Two possible fixes, if there is a previous version still on the PC.
1. Make a backup of your MC24 Library, then close MC24. Uninstall the previous version. Reboot. If necessary (though it shouldn't be) run the MC24 installation program again to fix any issues.
2. If you don't want to uninstall the previous version, maybe because you haven't checked everything yet, then run the old version and set the options at "Options > Startup > Windows Startup > Run on Windows startup" to "Nothing". Then run MC24 again and check the same setting. Then reboot and test if MC24 works.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tterrag

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 05:57:37 am »

There are no older or other versions of Media Center installed on this computer. 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 06:28:30 am »

It is a mystery then.

You could check the Startup tab on the Windows Task Manager (assuming you are using Windows 10) and see if any Media Center item is in there.

Perhaps if you were able to post an image of the error message. Yes, I know you have explained it, but it has been a long time since I have seen one, and I think there was some context either in it or in what I was doing. I have seen the message at unexpected times after I have been mucking around a lot with MC. But usually a reboot of the PC fixes that. Or just logging out of all users on the PC and logging back in.

You have rebooted the PC I assume, and not just let it Sleep and Wake again?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tterrag

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 11:34:47 am »

It is windows 10
There  are no other users on this pc but me
It is not on start up.
I turn it completely OFF most nights.   It is annoying to turn on the pc for the 1st time and to see that message and have to restart. 
It has not done it today  - so I cannot take a pix, not sure I know how.
Anyway, thank you for your help.    I'll muddle along.
Pages: [1]   Go Up