INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgraded to V24 - Get 'Cannot Open..' when playing an album  (Read 1498 times)

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
Upgraded to V24 - Get 'Cannot Open..' when playing an album
« on: January 19, 2019, 08:10:21 am »

Hello

Upgraded to V24 from V23, and now get every time this error,
probably should be some generated web page (?), that can't be displayed

-- Michael

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Upgraded to V24 - Get 'Cannot Open..' when playing an album
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 08:19:48 am »

What's Metronome Direct?

Firewall?

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 08:23:06 am »

What's Metronome Direct?

Firewall?

That's the name of the Zone.

What kind of page is displayed there?
What is the address?

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 08:33:31 am »

Strange. I got back to JRiver in the middle of the album. Suddenly, after playback of few tracks it does display the page :-(

I got this error also yesterday, but since I can play the album did not care much,
however it might be annoying

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 09:40:37 am »

Yes.

The message is 'Cannot display about:blank ....'

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 12:43:40 pm »

If you are using windows 10 you will probably find that windows defender is interfering. You need to give MC24 the same permissions that MC23 had, the AV/Firewall software sees these two versions of the program as different entities.

Don't remember anything in particular I did.
The page as you see eventually is displayed.

What permissions required to display this web page?

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 01:24:15 pm »

If you are using windows 10 you will probably find that windows defender is interfering. You need to give MC24 the same permissions that MC23 had, the AV/Firewall software sees these two versions of the program as different entities.

I am thinking about what you said, and don't understand..
I ran installer, which performed an upgrade. Kind of. [I need to clean as usual auto-startup of previous version]

Why doesn't it set whatever is required?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 03:36:08 pm »

Right-click the display and choose "Cover Art".  This has been happening when you choose one of the Track Info pages instead but we haven't been able to reproduce it yet so don't have a fix.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 09:53:51 pm »

Right-click the display and choose "Cover Art".  This has been happening when you choose one of the Track Info pages instead but we haven't been able to reproduce it yet so don't have a fix.

I just go to 'albums' and then click on 'play'

Campodifiamme

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 11:40:07 pm »

I upgraded to 24 also, supposedly a MASTER license,  but when I tried to put it on my MAC it says something about a different license...

I am really frustrated with searching this forum for answers and trying to phrase the questions so I get answers (mostly I don't)

I want to know how I could copy a cd and get both mlac and alac  or how to copy the mlac files I have and turn them into alac (and still have BOTH files)

most annoying that I have written messages that have received no answers,  what good is the message box if no one replies?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 12:41:19 am »

First, it is far better if you start your own thread for your specific questions, rather than posting in someone else's thread where it is likely to get lost.

I upgraded to 24 also, supposedly a MASTER license,  but when I tried to put it on my MAC it says something about a different license...

I'll leave that one to JRiver, because I can't check what you actually bought.
But generally speaking, if your Mac software is installed and running, go to the top menu and select "Help > Registration Info...", then click the "Reset and Restore Licence" button, follow the intructions, and your licence, if it is a Master Licence, will install into MC24. See https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

I am really frustrated with searching this forum for answers and trying to phrase the questions so I get answers (mostly I don't)

That is a bit unfair, particularly considering that you have only posted three times, using this Forum name anyway, and on the first two occasions you were answered within an hour by the CEO and owner of JRiver.

What would really help in getting answers is if you would read what you write before you post, and fix grammar and spelling mistakes. It doesn't have to be perfect, but if people have to guess what you mean, you aren't going to get answers. For example, what is an "mlac" file that you mention below? I've never heard of it, and neither has the internet. I think you mean flac file, but why should I guess, then answer based on that guess, when my guess may be completely wrong? That just wastes everybody's time.

most annoying that I have written messages that have received no answers,  what good is the message box if no one replies?

You have messaged people directly? Why would people answer questions in messages if they didn't already have a conversation going with you in a thread? Leave messages for personal or specific stuff that you don't want to put in a thread.

I want to know how I could copy a cd and get both mlac and alac  or how to copy the mlac files I have and turn them into alac (and still have BOTH files)

Okay, put that in a thread of your own, and someone may help. But first, watch all of Spike1000's videos on YouTube and learn some of the basics about MC, like navigation, selecting audio files, right-clicking on a file to get the popup menu, and so on. Then with a well-written question, I'm sure you will get the help that you need and can understand.

See https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,111775.0.html for the videos.

Also read the Wiki articles on file conversion, and try to work them out. They are a bit old, but still of some use.
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Convert_Format
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Converter_Settings
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Encoding_Settings

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Campodifiamme

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 05:34:45 am »

Thanks, you have a least been helpful. 

I might have started a thread if I could have figured out how to do it...(and you have pointed me in a direction to get help)

swiv3d

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 05:52:53 am »

I might have started a thread if I could have figured out how to do it...(and you have pointed me in a direction to get help)
You can start a new thread by clicking 'new topic' in the tabs at the top of the forum screen.

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 09:23:41 am »

Matt

It happens more or less every time I click on play album from the recent albums view.
Please look into the attachment, the URL looks strange to me

-- Michael

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2019, 09:26:10 am »

That error should be resolved in 24.0.75
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 09:37:33 am »

That error should be resolved in 24.0.75

Thanks! It became annoying after the upgrade..

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 10:18:16 am »

Here's the new build:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,119211.0.html

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 10:46:05 am »

The message box - Gone! Fixed? :)

However, when I go into 'Playing Now', I still get sometimes the 'not found' page, where supposed to be an album info -- see the attachment in the first post.
When I switch views, going to somewhere else, and then returning back to 'Playing Now' usually the album info does appear

I thought these two errors are related, but probably not.

Anyway, this issue also came with V24

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 05:34:32 pm »

For some reason your system fails to create the temporary files for the album info page sometimes. Popular problems are being blocked by an AV or something like that.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 10:10:34 pm »

For some reason your system fails to create the temporary files for the album info page sometimes. Popular problems are being blocked by an AV or something like that.

Guys, I have no AV
Plain Windows 10 1809

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2019, 10:32:28 pm »

Guys, I have no AV
Plain Windows 10 1809

Unfortunately that means that you are running Windows Defender Antivirus and Firewall. You can't turn those off. Ever.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DJLegba

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2019, 11:13:04 pm »

Unfortunately that means that you are running Windows Defender Antivirus and Firewall. You can't turn those off. Ever.

You can certainly turn off the firewall. But if for some reason Windows Defender is preventing the temp folder from being created within the time frame that MC expects, and Windows Defender can't be turned off, then it's up to MC to deal with this Windows behaviour. The temp folder can always be created for the second track, so MC should be able to cause the temp folder to be created for the first track, either by delaying the success test, or by repeating the operation a couple of times until it succeeds.

michael123

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2019, 11:16:24 pm »

Friends

I was running nicely V23 for two years.

Then to support the team I upgraded to V24

Pages: [1]   Go Up