INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug or feature? Searching resets pane selection.  (Read 653 times)

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Bug or feature? Searching resets pane selection.
« on: January 22, 2019, 03:40:53 am »

I'm using some library views shown with panes. For the last couple of builds (at least since build 24.0.72) the pane selection gets resetted when performing a search. Is it a bug or a new feature? For me it causes _many_ extra clicks because I always do some filtering using panes first an then use search to find some special sets of files.

As I'm using MC most likely for dancing lessons I first set panes to chose the kind of dance (eg. slow waltz or jive) and the skill level of the dancers (eg. beginners or advanced) and then start using the upper right search field for the rest of the lesson to find single songs. Now I have to reselect the panes after every single search which is especially problematic because my PC isn't the fastest and the pane filtering takes quiet some time. And I don't have that much time while teaching...

I would be thankful to get a hint to a setting I might be missing or a bugfix (if it is a bug). If it's a new feature, here is my request to make it work the other way again  :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Bug or feature? Searching resets pane selection.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 06:57:21 am »

This was an intentional change because otherwise the program would crash with a drop-down pane selection.

We've been pretty happy with the change.

More here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115586.msg800357.html
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 07:13:06 am »

Wow, I'm shocked because I didn't notice this change earlier... Either I have skipped way to much builds (not even possible!) or I changed my workflow for some time...
Thanks for the link but I only can see not so happy users there ;)

I'm wondering how I can achieve my goal now: at the beginning of a lesson I kind of have to set a few filters so I only see the music I need, which always is a very tiny part of my library (max. 500 songs). Sometimes I want to pick a special song out of that list (which is when I'm using the search). So is there another way to set filters which will be kept even after performing a search?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 08:23:53 am »

I just traced the crash and fixed it for version 25.

So the search will work again with the panes once v25 ships.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 09:14:46 am »

I know that you know, but just in case anybody doubts: you (and your team of course) are the best!Thank you for taking the time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up