INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: disable 'Play Doctor'  (Read 1339 times)

8139david

• Galactic Citizen
Feature request: disable 'Play Doctor'
« on: January 23, 2019, 10:12:35 am »

When playing files, I have no use for 'Play Doctor'.
So it would be great to have an option to disable this feature all together.

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature request: disable 'Play Doctor'
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 01:37:24 pm »

When playing files, I have no use for 'Play Doctor'.
So it would be great to have an option to disable this feature all together.

How is Play Doctor influencing your ability to play files? Just curious as I have no use for it either but it's not in my way.

VP

8139david

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 03:10:24 pm »

I find it annoying to see it so often, when it has no use for me. Given that MC can customized so much, it would be nice to have the option to make it disappear if one wishes.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 04:35:42 pm »

I find it annoying that users of Interact don't search for answers they just keep asking the same questions over and over. But that's my problem now, not yours....I am in no way suggesting this is about you. I'm just complaining.  :)

I'm sure I will hear about this one! I know I know if ya don't have something nice to say I should keep my stupid mouth shut....I'm doing quite well this New Year.... :-X
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

8139david

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 04:38:35 pm »

I want to push this feature request in 2019.
(Things can change over the years.)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 04:52:03 pm »

Then click the upward pointing Disclosure Triangle, or drag the divider to the top of the pane, and you won't see Play Doctor when Playing Now is empty. Of course, you also won't see Cover Art there when you start to play some audio, but if that doesn't bother you, then that is your solution.

What would you like to see in that empty area when you aren't playing anything?

BTW, Play Doctor is likely to be used more and more, with Doctor Who, Upload to Cloud, Upload Playlist to Doctor Who, and similar functionality. It isn't likely to go away. Maybe it could be a feature that gets turned off, but...
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 04:59:28 pm »

Maybe it could be a feature that gets turned off, but...
It was this way in the early development of MC23 or maybe it was MC22....It doesn't bother me....just saying
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

8139david

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 05:03:47 pm »

Thanks for your answer, Roderick.
I understand that these features (Play Doctor, Doctor Who, Upload to Cloud, etc) are being promoted.
But I can record that, personnally, I have no use for them. Hence the demand of optional appearance I was making.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 06:41:30 pm »

I find it annoying that users of Interact don't search for answers they just keep asking the same questions over and over. But that's my problem now, not yours....I am in no way suggesting this is about you. I'm just complaining.  :)

I'm sure I will hear about this one! I know I know if ya don't have something nice to say I should keep my stupid mouth shut....I'm doing quite well this New Year.... :-X
Yes you are.  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 06:48:45 pm »

Thanks for your answer, Roderick.
I understand that these features (Play Doctor, Doctor Who, Upload to Cloud, etc) are being promoted.
But I can record that, personnally, I have no use for them. Hence the demand of optional appearance I was making.
There will always be some features that some users don't want or don't use.  It would be a problem to make them all optional.

8139david

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 02:12:17 am »

OK, I see, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up