INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Stop" command upon launching external program from Theater View?  (Read 902 times)

codpiece

• Junior Woodchuck

Is this possible?

Scenario: watching show/movie/live tv and decide you would like to launch Netflix/Prime/external program

AFAIK, unless I hit "stop" for the content I'm currently watching (show/movie/live tv), the content will continue to play after I have launched my external program (i.e., chrome to watch netflix).  This has proven quite confusing for guests and family members. 

I would like an option to be able to "configure" my theater view netflix button to stop local playback upon launching the external playback (chrome, in my case).

Thanks for any help.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: "Stop" command upon launching external program from Theater View?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 10:33:04 am »

What if the "Hide Media Center while program is running" option also stopped?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

codpiece

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 10:36:44 am »

Matt,

I'm not sure I understand your question.  If you're asking whether ticking the "Hide Media Center" button makes a difference, it does not.  Local playback will continue in the background upon launching an external program no matter if the "Hide Media Center" button is ticked.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 10:37:25 am »

What if the "Hide Media Center while program is running" option also stopped?

Not everyone might like that. Could easily imagine launching something thats unrelated to playback.

Personally, I use a batch file to launch Netflix, which also stops MC and sets an active zone. All with the magic of MCC commands!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

codpiece

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 10:41:00 am »

I guess what I'm asking for is an option to turn my theater view netflix button (which is configured to launch chrome in kiosk mode to netflix.com) into a "macro" button that issues a "stop" command (to stop the current local playback) in addition to launching chrome.  Sorry if I'm not describing the situation clearly.

Personally, I use a batch file to launch Netflix, which also stops MC and sets an active zone. All with the magic of MCC commands!

Yes, this.  I don't know how to do this.

EDIT: well, after a few minutes on the web, I now know how to do this.  I have now changed my Theater View netflix button to launch the .bat file I created (with a Stop MCC command) instead of chrome.  Working just as I hoped.  Cool.  Thanks, guys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up