INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I print my movie list?  (Read 1547 times)

pepar

• World Citizen
How do I print my movie list?
« on: January 23, 2019, 12:51:49 pm »

I searched a lot and only saw replies for printing out a list albums. (And then it seemed kludgy.) I tried to use that for what I want to do, but wasn't able to adapt it to that purpose. Some of the posts were MC 19, if that makes a difference.

Jeff
"I like the future, I'm in it." F. Theater

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: How do I print my movie list?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 01:00:33 pm »

You might try MC > Menu > File > Print List.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pepar

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 01:55:25 pm »

That sequence is not available on the Linux MC. Will check a Windows client.

pepar

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 01:58:11 pm »

It is there on the Win MC. However, via Windows Explorer I did two screencaps while Munu - File - Print yielded 24 pages. :)

EDIT: DOH! It was me anyway; I don't have print server installed on the Linux NUC.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 05:02:07 pm »

It is there on the Win MC. However, via Windows Explorer I did two screencaps while Munu - File - Print yielded 24 pages. :)

EDIT: DOH! It was me anyway; I don't have print server installed on the Linux NUC.
print on both sides
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

pepar

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 05:04:10 pm »

Yeah, only twelve pages vs. the two if I screencap/print.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 07:38:22 pm »

What gets printed depends on the View, Playlist, or Smartlist you are displaying. Make a View, Playlist, or Smartlist with only the fields you want to be printed, and you will get fewer pages.

For example, the attached PDF is three pages because of the width of the print, because of the fields I am displaying in the Playlist. The actual list of the important stuff is all on the first page. I could have set up the print to just print the first page and been done (if the printer setup allowed it), or printed in landscape to get just two pages wide. Or changed the Playlist to only show important fields. Or printed to PDF, as I did, and then only printed the pages I wanted of that.

BTW you can also just display a list, select all, Copy, and then open Excel or similar and Paste the list into that. Then you can format the print to your heart's desire.

Lots of alternatives to quickly get a simple list out of MC.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

pepar

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 08:09:11 am »

Thanks. I’d guess that the list printing capabilities are adequate or even perfect for some/many, but it seems locked into a single title per line. And if more columns are needed than fit on the first page they spill over to subsequent pages.

For it to have worked for a simple movie title list (so I can use it to pull out the BDs I haven’t yet ripped) there would need to be not only control over not only printing solely the movie titles, but how many columns per page .. and maybe font size as well.

Jeff

MrBiff

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 11:36:35 am »

Maybe show a clear example of what you DO want to have produced, rather than what you DONT want.

pepar

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 01:32:23 pm »

I probably sounded too negative. Sorry. Here is what I was going for (although the list is of the folders not the files). I accomplished what I needed; no need to work on this any further. :)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 04:15:04 pm »

Excellent.

You could have done the same via Excel. MC isn't a publishing application, as you noticed, so minimal printing capabilities.

But the job is done.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up