INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last played and Last skipped...  (Read 434 times)

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
Last played and Last skipped...
« on: January 23, 2019, 04:26:51 pm »

I used Last Played a lot in my playlists to make sure I listen to songs that I've not heard in a while.  I didn't know about Last Skipped until this afternoon.

I was listening through a playlist when I was interrupted and had to leave.  So I stopped in the middle of a song, a song that I like a lot.  I didn't want to not hear it again for months because I had started playing it but didn't finish.

So I checked the Tags for the song, and I noticed that Last Played had not been updated to the current date of the partial playback, today.  Then I also noticed the last Skipped tag which did, correctly, reflect the today's date.

I've mentioned more than a couple times in the past that Media Center has a first rate database base behind it.  This is just another example of why I say that.

Thanks!

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Last played and Last skipped...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 04:31:09 pm »

you don't have to dig into the tags to see those two tags you can easily add them to the header (not sure if I'm using the correct word for the area I'm talking about)
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Last played and Last skipped...
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 08:42:30 pm »

Yup. 

I keep the header concise because of screen width, and my aversion to horizontal scrolling.  :) 

That's why I went over to Tags to see the Last Playing value.  Of course, if I had not have done that step, I might not have discovered the Lst Skipped value.

So much depth in Media Center, and I'm learning it a bit at a time....

thx for the follow-up.
=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones
Pages: [1]   Go Up