INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help in using JRiver to Burn a CD  (Read 2739 times)

ptfitzy

• Recent member
Help in using JRiver to Burn a CD
« on: January 23, 2019, 05:11:23 pm »

Hi folks, I haven't used JRiver for a few years. I need help. I'm lost. I dragged and dropped MP3's to the "Box", (Playlist).
I went to the section to the DSP Studio. I clicked on Output Volume and Adaptive Volume. Then Channels 2 and JRSS Mixing.
After that, I thought I would try to Burn the Playlist to a CD. I must have missed a few steps. Is there anyone who could help me out? I would sure appreciate it.
Thanks, ptfitzy

I realized I posted the same question back in 2016. Disregard this question if the procedure is still the same.
ptfitzy
ptfitzy

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help in using "J River to Burn a CD.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 01:08:40 am »

Basically it is the same as the last time you asked. See Ferday's answer, which was pretty complete: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,103476.0.html

Also read the Wiki pages;
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Burn_Disc
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Create_an_Audio_CD_or_DVD
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

ptfitzy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 06:19:48 am »

Thanks a lot. I just realized it looking back.
So sorry.
ptfitzy
ptfitzy

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 06:23:57 am »

That's okay. You're welcome. It never hurts to ask!  8)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

ptfitzy

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 02:51:07 pm »

One more question. When I "Analyze" the songs, can you only do one song at a time or can you highlight all the songs and then have the computer continue doing each song at a time?
Thanks, Phil
ptfitzy

swiv3d

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 02:54:34 pm »

If you are talking about the analyse audio menu item - it will analyse all of the files you have selected and can be told to skip any that have already been analysed.

ptfitzy

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 03:19:42 pm »

If I click on one of the 20 or so I have in the box, each time I click on one, it says Analyze. I then thought I had to do each one individually that way.
ptfitzy

swiv3d

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 03:32:26 pm »

If you highlight a group of files and then right mouse click on one of them and select Library Tools> Analyse Audio it will do them all.

ptfitzy

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 03:50:46 pm »

Thanks a lot.
If you are burning MP3's as I will do, what are the boxes I should have checked to get all the songs to sound close to the same?
I hope I am not being a pest. I sure appreciate your help.
Phil
ptfitzy

swiv3d

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 03:59:53 pm »

If you mean what are the settings for the Burn options -you could look at the image I have uploaded. You can select DSP settings and apply any effects you like but I would suggest that only Volume levelling needs applying to prevent unnecessary differences between tracks (and don't ever apply adaptive volume!).

EDIT you must have used analyse audio on the tracks before applying volume levelling - in my experience.

swiv3d

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 04:26:01 pm »

By the way, asking questions when you are stuck isn't being a pest, 'tis a sign of intelligence!
BTW - use CD-RW discs then you can change the ones you aren't happy with!

ptfitzy

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2019, 03:17:47 pm »

OK. I still don't know why when I click on Burn CD nothing happens. It's so frustrating. I did everything you listed for me to do. I analyzed them all, clicked on the DSP and I checked the top 3 boxes in the DSP Studio.
Thanks, Phil

It now is telling me to make sure my Soundcard s set up right?
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup

Phil
ptfitzy

swiv3d

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 03:24:40 pm »

Hi ptfitzy - can't pm any more so here is the easiest way to burn your disc.
Highlight the group of files you want on the disc and drag them to the burn disc icon in the action window at the bottom left of the MC UI. It should then step you through what to do.
In answer to your last pm the only thing you need checked in DSP for what you are doing is volume levelling.

ptfitzy

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2019, 03:37:07 pm »

OK. Thanks so much for your patience and help.
Phil
ptfitzy
Pages: [1]   Go Up