INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Media renderer (all-in one) for JRiver Media Server  (Read 2613 times)

paoloboccardi

• Recent member
Best Media renderer (all-in one) for JRiver Media Server
« on: January 24, 2019, 04:16:27 am »

I installed JRiver on a new pc server to use it as a media server. I have prepared a pc to use as a media renderer. On the pc media renderer I installed Volumio and it works quite well. If I do DSD upsampling from JRiver, upsampling is ignored by Volumio and the music plays with the original bitrate of the song.
Are there other media renderers that work perfectly with JRiver?
I use the latest version available.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Best Media renderer (all-in one) for JRiver Media Server
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 06:23:03 am »

Are there other media renderers that work perfectly with JRiver?

Yes.

JRiver Media Center is a perfect media Renderer for use with a JRiver Media Center Server.

If you use a MC Server and a MC Client, the connection isn't even a DLNA connection, but JRiver's own technology, so it works better than DLNA.

One MC licence allows you to install MC on multiple PCs, within reason as long as you own the PCs. i.e. Two PCs at home. Some people even install MC at work and connect to their MC Server at home, or as a Portable installation on a drive they take to work, and play music there. JRiver seems to allow that.

Is there any particular reason why you don't want to use MC as the Renderer?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

paoloboccardi

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 04:30:19 pm »

Thank you for the answer. the only reason is that the pc player is a fanless celeron j1900 and I would like a s.o. minimal linux to run jriver. or install windows and optimize it. question: jriver on raspberry supports i2s output?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 04:57:08 pm »

I don't know. That would be best asked in this forum I suspect: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/board,42.0.html
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

paoloboccardi

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 02:36:26 am »

when I use jriver as a renderer and on the server I set all the dsp, on the renderer I do not have to select any dsp?
Pages: [1]   Go Up