INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC loses audio device every time turn off system  (Read 927 times)

SuperfastRB

MC loses audio device every time turn off system
« on: January 24, 2019, 09:21:45 pm »

Hi all,

Somewhat new to MC.  I have a home theater with a JVC projector, Marantz 8805 that is all fed with MC 24.  Everything is automated with a Harmony Elite remote.  However, when I start everything up with the Harmony, I always have to go to my computer and enter Playback options to change the Audio Device to the Marantz receiver....it never remember it for some reason (because I turn off the receiver maybe?).  Even when I turn everything on, MC sometimes doesn't find the Marantz and I have to unplug and replug the HDMI cable to the computer (1080Ti) to make the Marantz pop up in the Audio Device menu. 

Is there a way to always make MC default to my Marantz?  Do I really need to keep my receiver always on?  The computer with MC does sleep but I can wake it with my Harmony.  Do I need to prohibit the computer from sleeping to make this work?

Any input appreciated.  If I can figure this out....I never need to touch my computer to watch a movie in my theater.

Thanks,
Chad

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC loses audio device every time turn off system
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 12:35:56 am »

Sorry you got no replies before this. What you need is an HD Fury device or similar. These will fool your PC into thinking your AVR is always on
Pages: [1]   Go Up